• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Disturbing Xmas letter from Republic CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see what you're saying, Amish, but I'm looking at it more from a perspective of hostile workplace. The customers don't have any rights to not be harassed while eating, but the employees have a right to not be harassed while working. I view Bedford's diatribes as harassment, but it would be a bit of a stretch to claim that Bible notations without text are harassment.

Yeah, its a West coast thing. I wish there were In-and-Outs and Carls Jr. in NYC. They both put McDonalds, Wendy's and BK to shame. I hit those places (In-and-out / Carls Jr.) up when ever I see one in town.

Five Guys makes a damn good burger as well; you'll find them all over New York and DC.

Five Guys makes a damn good burger as well; you'll find them all over New York and DC.

Oh yeah! We've got them down in the Atlanta area now, too. Love those cajun fries.

I see what you're saying, Amish, but I'm looking at it more from a perspective of hostile workplace. The customers don't have any rights to not be harassed while eating, but the employees have a right to not be harassed while working. I view Bedford's diatribes as harassment, but it would be a bit of a stretch to claim that Bible notations without text are harassment.

Huh?

I never said anything disparaging about their tactics. I don't feel that their marketing of religion is harrassment. The internal memo, though certainly is and religion shouldn't be incorporated into a company memo.

I just can't see how its ethical for the CEO of a company to send these messages to its employees. I am also amazed at the fact that he would rather have us just quit that to fix some of the problems. Alot of employees are unhappy and overworked at Republic. How can a man of "God" treat people the way he does. Its very sad.

I've never even heard of them, but I did just look at their menu and locations. I'll be stopping by next time I see one.

Thanks for the steer.

I'm also partial to Johnny Rockets too. They make a good burger as well.

Huh?

I never said anything disparaging about their tactics. I don't feel that their marketing of religion is harrassment. The internal memo, though certainly is and religion shouldn't be incorporated into a company memo.

Really? Why shouldn't religion be in the memo?

I agree with you, I think the memo is over the top but what law(s) do you think are violated here? The answer is none, as long as the hiring/firing isn't discriminatory than he can preach on paper all he wants.

Have fun with the wackjob guys.

I just can't see how its ethical for the CEO of a company to send these messages to its employees. I am also amazed at the fact that he would rather have us just quit that to fix some of the problems. Alot of employees are unhappy and overworked at Republic. How can a man of "God" treat people the way he does. Its very sad.

Because " men of god " often picketh and choseth the parts they like and ignore the parts they dont like about their religions.

Rev Bryan is a kook

Last edited:
Really? Why shouldn't religion be in the memo?

I agree with you, I think the memo is over the top but what law(s) do you think are violated here? The answer is none, as long as the hiring/firing isn't discriminatory than he can preach on paper all he wants.

Have fun with the wackjob guys.

If you were of a different faith, you might be a little offended having it (his religious faith) shoved down your throat in a company memo. The points conveyed by usage of religious scripture could have easily been conveyed in a more non-religious manner. He chose to dispense his sentiment via scripture so as to appeal to a higher platform of alligence for the company. Hey, when it's God who maintains your safety record (as he claims), you best listen to his words.

we have been able to fly for nearly 35 years with a perfect passenger safety record; it is a testament to the training and preparation of all our people. We take our jobs seriously and thus we take the preparation phase of flight just as seriously as the take off and landing phases of flight. So we, more than most, can appreciate the necessity preparation in anticipation of the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Latest resources

Back