• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dispatch@AMF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The closest one is the one in TUS- go there. It dosen't really matter where u get yer license, just as long as you have it.

AMF is Part 135 and does not require a DX license. You are more of a flight follower and focus on customer service. Although if something goes wrong, you pretty much run everything (broken aircraft, sick pilot, WX below mins....)

I worked there for almost 2 years and found it to be great experience. It would definately help you if deciding to move onto a Part 121 DX with a regional.

Pay is fairly competitive with regional DX wages.

we're being told it's for liability reasons. it's just happened in the last year or so. i had a ptoc guy try to jump with me the other day, and i told him to call burbank to list for the flight. they turned him down, and we were both going wtf? they're gonna have a hard time pulling him back in off the street when they're short. we can't even jump our own planes, and are being told about getting set up with the cass thing. whatever.

I’m curious. How do the 121 DX's Work? Around here it’s just CDL, CH & AMM mostly. UPS/DHL is no where to be found, same old stuff. I find this job a good Experience builder. The main problem I foresee is there are not any 121 schools in CA. I would be interested in some 121 DX's info.

the school that is closest to CA is the one in TUS- pretty nice school I guess. Lots of people that I work with went there and have nothing but good things to say.

For a while, Sierra Academy ran a dispatch school, but I think they are outta business now.

PM me for more info.

Latest resources

Back