Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Disney

yep that is where it is at.

At one time disney had several ultrilights that use to fly around have not seen them for a few years.;)

BBJ at BUR is Roy Disney. Shamrock is the flight deptartment name. I'm not sure about Disney Corp. flight department. Earth Star is the name I think.

Mickey and Pals

Disney's flight department is named Earth Star. They have an early model G-IV which they fly from Burbank.

Hey guys,

I worked for Disney security for3.5 years while I was ERAU. AS far as I know there is no corporate flight department (I did *some* research). I was unable to find out who owns the helicopters that I have seen Eisner getting in and out of.

As for the runway at Disney... it is used for training bus drivers, has been for 10 years at least. One guy put down there with an engine problem in a 172 and Disney made him dismantle the plane and take it out on a flat bed truck (I was there). Sometimes they use it for overflow parking when the Magic Kingdom is REALLY full ( Easter, for example). Personally I wouldn't want to land there, the trees are *much* taller than they were when Walt was using it (although I noticed that they cut out a clearway on the south end in recent years , no idea why tho, too many darn buses on it).

Anyway, to the best of my knowledge, there is much more rotorcraft activity than anything... there are 5 helipads on property. I know that *most* executives fly first class commercial (I have personally driven Dick Nunis to MCO from his house). It would not surprise me to find out that they have a Gulfstream hidden somewhere (I heard rumors about this but could never find out the truth) but I sure it is done in Disney style, several layered shell companies. I would believe them doing a deal with NetJets more, however.....

If I find out different, I will let you know.... I have over five years (not all at once) with the company. so hopefully tha would count for something.

Jeb

earthstar is the department. based in burbank.
phone 8188424633. michael morris is vp/flt ops.
they got a g4 and two 604s last count.
you got to dress as cinderella for the first year as a green copilot if you want the job.

Shamrock's hangar and flight department are based out of VNY along with the BBJ and Challenger. Hangar is north of Raytheon with a Shamrock on it.

Doubt it. They might take them but that doesn't mean anything. You won't know unless you try. Good Luck!!!!

Latest resources

Back