Disgusting!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Media bashing

Come on now, did you expect them to report this story without pimping on it?

There are numerous examples how they exploit. I remember at the end of December when Buffalo got hit with yet another snow. The media kept saying how Buffalo was at a standstill. We're flying in on a Saturday morning and as we're flying over Buffalo all I see is blacktop (on main and secondary roads) and cars moving along. We land, get in the van and go about our merry way. It is business as usual. That night on ABC news the lead story was Buffalo is in a state of emergency. I figure either ABC was too lazy to find out what was really going on or they didn't want to report the "exciting" news that Buffalo did a nice job getting the snow cleaned up. Perhaps they were just "pimping" and exploiting.....naw, never!

:D

Connie was the perfect choice for the Clinton News Network. Every story is an example of how everyday Americans need an ever-increasing Federal beauracracy to protect them from the various evils of the world. Fear is their stock in trade.

Ed Murrow? He'd spin in his grave if he knew what passes for journalism today. Of course, they wouldn't let him on today because he smokes.

Re: Connie Chung

bobbysamd said:
At least, thank G-d, some one said this was an isolated incident.

Bobby,

Please tell me we haven't reached the point where you can't spell out THAT word! Come on, you can do it. The 9th circuit isn't watching. :)

Spelling the diety's name

No, it has nothing to do with the Ninth Circuit. Not to start that discussion here, but I just prefer not to.

I would just add that if they were able to find Mary here in Denver they could have found Michael Boyd. I believe he's headquartered in Evergreen.

Once again, it was a dreadful display of journalism.

PS-There's an irony to this incident. Further to what I wrote above about people who've been in trouble and want the career, they want you to be a saint at hire. Even a simple traffic ticket can nix you. But, after you're in, you can be convicted of DUIs, spousal abuse, both of which are felonies, I believe, misdemeanors, at any rate, anything that aces you from the hiring process, and keep your job. Something is wrong with this picture. The link below is a news report about one pilot's priors:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/775073.asp?pne=msn

Last edited:
A lot of people learned after Tailhook '91 that what the media spins and what's true are rarely the same. If they want to make an entire group look bad because of a few clowns, they will.
It's a sad reality.

Flyin' High

Let's just see how valid Ms. Chung's opinion can be. Check out the new poll. And no, I do NOT share her opinions in the statements she made on her show. Ted Turner has sunk to a new low with Connie on his network. I think she was in Hanoi with Jane.

BTW....
Whoever has the Hansen brothers avatar...
YOU RULE!!!

I also saw this segment on CNN. I could not believe what I was hearing! That had to be one of the worst "investigative" interviews I have seen in a while. She was trying to force words into the America West spokesperson's mouth for crying out loud! Don't they do ANY sort of background research before doing these things. I hope the general public realizes what a bafoon this lady is.

Alright, enough for me... i'm getting too upset about this.

SUCK A$$ REPORTING!! SEND HER A$$ TO AFGANISTAN!!!! HOPE SHE NEVER COMES BACK!

I loved the way she interrupted all of the guest as they were speaking. I would have gotten up and walked the hell out on her A$$.

I'm certainly no fan of Connie Chung or CNN, but what I find truly disgusting is what those guys did!!! When we behave that way, we open ourselves up to that type of scrutiny and we make it a whole lot harder for the rest of the profession. Let's face it, if they hadn't smelled like alcohol, there would have been no story.

Latest resources

Back