• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Disgusted with Freeloaders at Flops!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please explain why a Training contract is OK but not a Union contract.
Good luck with that.

B19 is completely incapable of explaining or backing up any of the lies he spews. I have PROVEN him a liar on several occasions. All he does is bash unions and contradict himself by saying he has no problem with them. Whatever...

No, training contracts are created by organizations that want to underpay their workers.

That's true. It's a scummy way of doing business*, but it's still "doing business."

*I've signed a training contract. I had my eyes on the type and TPIC time (and I got them!), but I wound up leaving because they wouldn't stop asking me to break regs and demanded that I stop recording duty times on trip sheets. The CP went so far as to call me out on the ramp and tell me that tracking my duty times wasn't my responsibility...in front of the DO.

I'll never sign another one and will never require my pilots to sign one.

That's true. It's a scummy way of doing business*, but it's still "doing business."

*I've signed a training contract. I had my eyes on the type and TPIC time (and I got them!), but I wound up leaving because they wouldn't stop asking me to break regs and demanded that I stop recording duty times on trip sheets. The CP went so far as to call me out on the ramp and tell me that tracking my duty times wasn't my responsibility...in front of the DO.

I'll never sign another one and will never require my pilots to sign one.

It's unfortunate that you didn't have a union to back you up in that situation.

It's unfortunate that you didn't have a union to back you up in that situation.

Haha. You really don't know how this works!

A union would kill most small companies. Those small companies employ a lot of low time pilots.

Nevertheless, the company was asking you to do illegal things, and you had no recourse but to leave. And yes, I have flown for small companies (five pilots) and large (over 3,000).

The difference is in the military you don't do it for money. You do it for service to your country. You sign up you are obligated to your country.

Training CONTRACTS prevent pilots from seeking employment at the highest bidder!

Why are TRAINING Contracts a good thing? But not a CBA? You LIKE contracts when they benefit management, don't you.

Please explain why a Training contract is OK but not a Union contract.

I never said I liked training contracts, I only responded to your post.

I wish there was a way around them but that is the only valve to ensure the investment when a pilot is hired. It wasn't that long ago that a pilot needed to pay $10 grand up front. Remember those days?

I never said I liked training contracts, I only responded to your post.

I wish there was a way around them but that is the only valve to ensure the investment when a pilot is hired. It wasn't that long ago that a pilot needed to pay $10 grand up front. Remember those days?
Ughh..

If its the only way ... why doesn't American, Delta, Southwest, etc.. have training contracts?

The way to ensure the investment is to PAY PILOTS MORE! At least $100K for first officers.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back