• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Disgusted with Freeloaders at Flops!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll continue to keep pilots from hurting themselves and others by understanding how the whole system works and providing a safe working environment for them and you can continue to enjoy the benefits of my doing so.

I will sleep so much better knowing people like you are watching our backs and protecting us from ourselves. And I thought Obama was a narcissist. He pales in comparison.

Last edited:
I thought the big, mighty union is suppose to bring the pilot group together, to unite for one common goal? It just goes to show how useless the union is in doing this with the FLOPS pilots. It tore them more apart. It feels great to work for a company where we don't want/need the worthless union. Enjoy your holidays, Kid...

No problem. Just a quick question, though. If everyone in the company shares equal responsibility to flight safety, should the janitors make the same compensation as the pilots?

so that means management should make the same as the janitors.

b19, bogart and others of their ilk are creatures who feed on and derive sustenance from disunity. The best argument for union solidarity I’ve seen in a long time is contained within this thread. It is evidence of how the presence, within a union, of a few freeloaders can undermine the solidarity and perceived power of a union, the very power that will be used, or not, during our next round of negotiations. Disunity allows union-busters to twist and distort. Our pilots will have to decide for themselves if they are willing to tolerate this out on the line.

One thing is for sure, the freeloaders will undermine us at the bargaining table if it’s allowed to continue. The way I look at it, these freeloaders have taken and will take food off my families’ table, just like scabs do during a strike. This is because ultimately, if it comes down to it again, management will count the freeloaders among those who can be counted upon to scab. Simply put, it affects managements’ arithmetic in bargaining.

For the benefit of gunfyter and others: After the contract was ratified, the 1108 E-Board began offering a payment plan to pilots who did not pay their dues pre-contract, it amounts to about $50 per month. In exchange for signing a promissory note, previous non-members are made members in good standing from the date of signing. As a result, from what I’m told, most of our pilots are in good standing with their union. The freeloaders represent a very small minority of the pilot group, who have very little reason, other than simple greed, or union animus, not to get in good standing.

To the E-Board: I say again, show us the list. How long are you going to allow these few individuals to undermine us like this? Haven’t you had enough?

I've talked to many of your coworkers who disagree wholeheartedly that a union isn't needed/wanted there.[/QUOT

You mustn't have talked to too many, because we don't need one here. Maybe my coworkers that think that way should go to NetJets? Oh wait, they did, and now, because of the union, they're on the street... Here's lookin at you, Kid.

Maybe my coworkers that think that way should go to NetJets? Oh wait, they did, and now, because of the union, they're on the street...

Since your company furloughed much earlier without a union, you and I both know a union had nothing to do with our furlough. But you keep on believing that. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back