Disgruntled RJ Pilot Video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gulfstream 200 said:
but again, I would GUESS that shooting this guy in the video is a lot of jail time in Nevada. Simply because he could have driven away.
really, where's the state statute on deadly force for NV?

Gulfstream 200 said:
and hate to say it, but pull out that P99 and cap this crackhead while sitting in your car that you could have driven away....you're going to jail for a long time!

sad but true.
I disagree.

For the first 30 seconds this guy is beating away on this woman's car, she can't go anywhere. There's a car behind her, she can't back up. There's a telephone pole and other obstacles to the right, so she can't whip around the guy in front of her, even if it meant going over a curb. She can't go forward, there's two cars in front of her for the first 30 seconds.

The next 30 seconds (where she pulls forward and backs up), there's still a car in front of her and oncoming traffic they'll hit if she slams into them and pushes the car in front of her out of the way, then she'll still be trapped.

Each state is unique in their interpretation of the laws, maybe I've just lived in Texas and Tennessee too long, but I doubt Nevada would be much different - she was trapped and I doubt any jury would convict her.

Might cost you some legal bills, but someone that deranged is going to kill someone someday all jacked up and won't remember they did it. I'd have no compunction taking them out... zero. zilch. nada.

Lear70 said:
I disagree.

For the first 30 seconds this guy is beating away on this woman's car, she can't go anywhere. There's a car behind her, she can't back up. There's a telephone pole and other obstacles to the right, so she can't whip around the guy in front of her, even if it meant going over a curb. She can't go forward, there's two cars in front of her for the first 30 seconds.

The next 30 seconds (where she pulls forward and backs up), there's still a car in front of her and oncoming traffic they'll hit if she slams into them and pushes the car in front of her out of the way, then she'll still be trapped.

Each state is unique in their interpretation of the laws, maybe I've just lived in Texas and Tennessee too long, but I doubt Nevada would be much different - she was trapped and I doubt any jury would convict her.

Might cost you some legal bills, but someone that deranged is going to kill someone someday all jacked up and won't remember they did it. I'd have no compunction taking them out... zero. zilch. nada.
You are right, she's blocked in and there was a felony in progress, a felon that was armed with a deadly weapon. If that lady would have backed over a child in that parking lot, she would have been as totally screwed as if she would have shot an innocent bystander while shooting the moulie.

I'm waiting for that statute?

Let me guess, the statute probably says...that a person is justified in using deadly force to prevent serious bodily harm or death to themselves and other persons.

It bet it don't say, run lady run! Run to your house and bait him in, but if you shoot him on your porch you better drag him inside. It don't say that in there, I bet you my next paycheck that it don't say that in there...yet, everday, in lunchrooms and forums all across America, urban folklore is spewed forth.

FN FAL said:
I'm waiting for that statute?

Let me guess, the statute probably says...that a person is justified in using deadly force to prevent serious bodily harm or death to themselves and other persons.

It bet it don't say, run lady run! Run to your house and bait him in, but if you shoot him on your porch you better drag him inside. It don't say that in there, I bet you my next paycheck that it don't say that in there...yet, everday, in lunchrooms and forums all across America, urban folklore is spewed forth.

Im guessing "serious bodily harm" IS NOT in there.

you have to consider your life to be in danger.....and shooting from the inside of your car when you have not been struck by anything may just be a slam dunk for the most ametuer prosecutor.

Im not saying its right, but the point is to protect your and your loved ones lives, not to shoot the "moolie". Run him over if he hinders your escape, drive on the sidewalk, bump the car in front of you...whatever...just be darned afraid for your life when you shoot! I would not have been afraid for my life in this case....YET......but you may be different - and thats what a trial is for. First off, my car would have been a serious battering ram until I was STUCK. then Im stuck and may need....help...

now, tough talk aside, do you want to guess what a panel of peers in slumville Vegas is gonna look like? My guess is its full of his "babys mommys"

not taking my chances there.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? Not in fear for her life?

You need to turn up your volume some, that lady is screaming her bloody, hysterical head off.

If questioned later, I GUARANTEE you she'd tell you she WAS in fear for her life. I would be if some crazy guy started bashing in the windows of my car with a crowbar without warning or cause.

Gulfstream 200 said:
gun guys-

I hope you are just spouting off b/c you gotta research your laws a bit.

A guy hitting your car with a crowbar has not threatend your life - YET...especially if you can drive away. He was able to. You have to exhaust every chance you can before shootin' the trash. Aiming for him as you drive away is also gonna get you in trouble. Now...if he wont move out of the way....beep and yell and then drive over him to get away. Stop and back up over him....thats murder and you are going away. If he tries to pull you out of the car WITH the crowbar in his hand -- shoot him. If he drops it and pulls you out with two hands - you cant shoot him! you gotta run. Getting a beating is not justifiable use of a gun!

A good rule. Always leave enough room to drive around the car in front of you. Dont get boxed in! Use sidewalks/lawns as needed!

Texas jury or not - you have a very good chance of huge legal bills and most surely jail time if you shoot the guy in this particular video. Hate to say it.

Only time its "open season" is in your house. Even then be VERY careful as it wont protect you from liability suits.

careful out there!

and yeah... anyone who buys a PT Cruiser kind of deserved that. (HA!)

Not true. The driver's life was at risk the moment the moron busted a front window out. At that point one blow could cause death. The car was boxed in, and I would choose to put bullet(s) into the batholder prior to ramming into the other vehicles and possibly causing harm to their occupants.

At that same moment any witnesses could have drawn down as well.

Also, if there were a baby or kid in the back seat the driver should have thrown lead at the moment he moved to the rear windows.

JMHO

Gulfstream 200 said:
Im guessing "serious bodily harm" IS NOT in there.

you have to consider your life to be in danger.....and shooting from the inside of your car when you have not been struck by anything may just be a slam dunk for the most ametuer prosecutor.

Im not saying its right, but the point is to protect your and your loved ones lives, not to shoot the "moolie". Run him over if he hinders your escape, drive on the sidewalk, bump the car in front of you...whatever...just be darned afraid for your life when you shoot! I would not have been afraid for my life in this case....YET......but you may be different - and thats what a trial is for. First off, my car would have been a serious battering ram until I was STUCK. then Im stuck and may need....help...

now, tough talk aside, do you want to guess what a panel of peers in slumville Vegas is gonna look like? My guess is its full of his "babys mommys"

not taking my chances there.

:rolleyes:

You b smoking da same krak da batswinga be smokin
here's the NV statute:

NRS 200.120 “Justifiable homicide” defined. Justifiable homicide is the killing of a human being in necessary self-defense, or in defense of habitation, property or person, against one who manifestly intends, or endeavors, by violence or surprise, to commit a felony, or against any person or persons who manifestly intend and endeavor, in a violent, riotous, tumultuous or surreptitious manner, to enter the habitation of another for the purpose of assaulting or offering personal violence to any person dwelling or being therein. [1911 C&P § 129; RL § 6394; NCL § 10076]—(NRS A 1983, 518)

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-200.html#NRS200Sec120

FishandFly said:
You b smoking da same krak da batswinga be smokin
here's the NV statute:

NRS 200.120 “Justifiable homicide” defined. Justifiable homicide is the killing of a human being in necessary self-defense, or in defense of habitation, property or person, against one who manifestly intends, or endeavors, by violence or surprise, to commit a felony, or against any person or persons who manifestly intend and endeavor, in a violent, riotous, tumultuous or surreptitious manner, to enter the habitation of another for the purpose of assaulting or offering personal violence to any person dwelling or being therein. [1911 C&P § 129; RL § 6394; NCL § 10076]—(NRS A 1983, 51

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-200.html#NRS200Sec120

I like it!

All Im saying is that if you can leave and be safe, you should...its a lot cheaper and avoids a panel of baby mommys holding the next 10-20yrs of your life in their hands.

Its just an opinion, but busting out car windows and banging on the hood is not life threatening - YET...

Gulfstream 200 said:
I like it!

All Im saying is that if you can leave and be safe, you should...its a lot cheaper and avoids a panel of baby mommys holding the next 10-20yrs of your life in their hands.

Its just an opinion, but busting out car windows and banging on the hood is not life threatening - YET...
Too bad this whole thing didn't happen in Florida..

Argument over.

Driver: Officer, I saw a crazy man being video taped about fifty feet away. He then walked in my direction and began to pick up a bat. Fearing for potential harm to occur, I opened fire. 3 for 3 shots at about 30 feet. 100% accuracy, he dropped dead.

Officer: That's some good shooting maam! Nicely done!

Sarcasm aside. More states need to take Florida's lead on this. It is ridiculous that what you say is true. Moron tries to kill you with bat, jury full of morons can take your freedom. Unbelievable.

It's almost like morons are running this place. We need continue to move in the right right right direction.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back