Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

anjinoo7

[FONT=&quot]All,

So with the number of Marine aviators on this board, I figured I would post it for everyone’s edification. I'm in the Air Force and don't believe I or anyone I know who has these same feelings of lack of leadership or blatant disregard for safety this guy claims exist. Incidentally, the guy mentions someone in the post named Berger. I had a friend who died in a training accident at 29 Palms named Berger but I can't be sure if he is referring to the same guy I know. Anyhow, here is the post as follows and the link.
[/FONT]
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/wdc/118782492.html

As I sit here I am still shaking. I can't take much more of this shoot. I am a Marine Pilot. Not that it means anything anymore. Today was another safety stand down put on by the mother Frickers in DOSS. Why? Cause another one of my friends is dead and gone. Why? Cause he flew his shoot into the water that's why. Why'd he do that? Cause the mother Frickers that "be" i.e. the boys at the top have lost their Fricking minds and can't say no.
"Sir the aircraft are at 13% readiness, we don't have anything up."
"That's not my problem, we got a FRAG, get it done."
"Sir, none of our pilots are current to do this."
"Currency? Currency is for pussies. Just do some pattern work before you go, you'll be fine."
"Sir, the maintainers have been working non-stop 12 on 12 off for weeks now, we can't keep this pace up?
"Rest, Marines don't need rest, they are tough. Tell them to drink some coffee and get these planes up."
"Sir, I've been in the tube for the last 10 hours, the weather was shoot, and I haven't seen my wife in 2 weeks, can I work on this tomorrow?"
"No, I am going on leave Captain, I need that power point done by tomorrow, oh wait your on the schedule. Well, I guess you better get working."
"Sir I don't have the crew rest to fly this."
"Crew rest? What's crew rest. Your day doesn't start until the engines do, never mind that I had you in here this morning doing mindless bullshoot."

I hate you Marine Corps. I hate you. You push us and push us and ask us to do more. But there is no more. You can take your $18,000 dollar bonus and shove it up your ass! I am not staying. I am not flying this shoot anymore. I am not going to go and break the rules for you anymore. Iam not going to turn motors when I know the maint. log books aren't worth the paper they are written on. I am not doing your Fricking log run in this weather when you can't even get me the bare minimum flight time to keep my skills up. I am not going to anymore safety stand downs about leadership and seatbelt use. I am not going to listen to another Fricking Major who has lost his soul and cares more about the taste of his coffee in the morning than if his people had time to even eat chow today. I will not do this. I will not get another phone call about a friend of mine who is now dead, because you bend the rules to make mission, because you can't say NO to anyone.

We are broke dang it. We don't have the people, we don't have the parts. Hell, what kind of Fricking military organization has the commanding officer tell his officers they need to go out and buy toilet paper for the head because we ran out? Frick this. I am out.

Berger, you were the best man, you shouldn't have died like that. Kerns, you were a funny dude. I am sorry I couldn’t see you buried, or have the courage to write your Mom and Dad about what nice guy you were. Murphy, why would you sign up for that shoot! Your kids will never get to know what an awesome guy you were.

I am in tears I am so frustrated. I wish you were still around, but I won't die like you. I won’t be some number on CNN's death 'o meter. I won’t contribute to this madness of telling the Wing we can do it when we are so far on our ass we can’t see the light of day. You Generals are Fricking cowards. You know it’s broke, but you won’t say no will you. I did my part, and that's all I can do. Frick you Marine Corps. I am not the only one that feels this way. Let's see where your retention is when the planes are so broke dick nobody can fly them, no matter how many rules you break to keep them up. Frick You!

This is very probably a strong indicator of serious leadship problems in his unit. With most of the money being poured down the ****hole in the middle east, I wouldn't be surprised that units are having serious readiness problems.

Until the Arabs decide they want to clean up their self-made cesspool over there, and until the Iranians decide that their new-age Nazi-Islamic theocracy needs to get dumped back into the hole it crawled out of, it's really hard to justify one American life trying to make it better.

Right on. It is so not limited to the USMC. Col Cathy Clothier, the Wing Queen at McConnell, has been doing the exact same crap this guy describes. Why? So she can get her frickin star. Senior leaders are such careerists that they have lost touch with what is important. Those officers who try to speak up and call BS are summarily dismissed and not promoted up the chain. The result is that only yes men get the command jobs. We deserve better and should be doing better.

Draginass said:
This is very probably a strong indicator of serious leadship problems in his unit. With most of the money being poured down the ****hole in the middle east, I wouldn't be surprised that units are having serious readiness problems.

Until the Arabs decide they want to clean up their self-made cesspool over there, and until the Iranians decide that their new-age Nazi-Islamic theocracy needs to get dumped back into the hole it crawled out of, it's really hard to justify one American life trying to make it better.

You have no clue.

This is just the kind of institution the Marine Corps is- I was on the ground side 20 years ago, but it's the same thing. There seems to be dittos from those from other branches. The military promotion system produces this attitude among "career" officers, although I'm sure the Marine Corps is the worst.

Latest resources

Back