• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Disgruntled Marine vents on Craigslist?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a damn shame this $hit never stops. If this guys is for real, I feel his pain. With a very few exceptions, it's sad that too many folks in "leadership" positions are spineless and self-serving. One can't expect to be treated with fairness from a person who would trade his/her family to climb the career chain. They may preach "service before self" but they practice the opposite.

These things haven't changed in over 30 years. back in the late 70's the Marines, as usual, were going through a budget crunch. The Bn Cdr said that he could either buy fuel for the tanks, or toilet paper and cleaning supplies for the barracks. Since he couldn't afford both he bought fuel for the tanks. The Officers and SNCOs bought the supplies and toilet paper. The more things change the more they are the same.

That's the way I remember it.

Then I grew up and joined the Army. Some better, some worse, but overall MUCH better.

It's a shame that there is some truth to this. I'm not sure how true this story is, but I'm sure there are some many of us who at some point served with some of this frustration. I think that the other branches prime their generals/admirals to be good politicians in DC and get the $ required, but you will never see a Marine general say he can't do the job due to lack of money or resources. We will always do more with less and that is part of our Marine Corps history. Funny thing about the toilet paper story, I had bought it plenty of times for my squadron out of my own pocket since MAG-14 continually cut supply funds.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back