• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Discussing Age 65 WITHOUT arguing the merits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
stagnation-furloughs-selfish greed-igotmineandiamgonnapulltheladderupbehindme.

LOVE 65

I wish we could see who voted how on this recent healthcare assessment. I bet the majority of the 22% who voted against it are either over 60 or close to it. Hopefully a byproduct of a strike will be mass exodus by those greedy bastards. Doubt it though.

Fly as long as you're proficient and medically qualified. Age discrimination should never be tolerated.

I retired approaching 60. It was the law. Now approaching 65 I don't feel any different but how would I know if I was slowing down or not? Passing a physical is easy. Passing a checkride may or may not show proficiency in certain situations like long duty days or all night operations. I have flown with 55 year old captains that were having problems and we all knew it. Age is a factor but it affects each person differently.

Age is a factor but it affects each person differently.
Exactly. So, if you're medically qualified and proficient, you ought to be allowed to work if you want to. If you're disqualified by nothing other than age, it's age discrimination.

In order to honor the terms of the thread title and attempt to discuss the Age 65 Rule without talking about the merits of the new rule I'll say this: I think the Age 65 legislation was printed on good paper with a nice type style.

In order to honor the terms of the thread title and attempt to discuss the Age 65 Rule without talking about the merits of the new rule I'll say this: I think the Age 65 legislation was printed on good paper with a nice type style.

...good, soft paper, not uncomfortably hard but also not so flimsy that I get poop on my hands when I use it to wipe my butt after blowing steaming chunks all over the picture of John Prater I have taped to my toilet bowl because I got the hershey squirts from eating too much Ramen and Cup-o-Soup because I'm stuck at the regionals indefinitely so the codgers who voted to outsource half their airline can continue to take naps across the Atlantic till they keel over...yep, that's some mighty nice paper! :laugh:

Latest resources

Back