Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deli Guy said:
Oh Yeah, Thats right!
I stand corrected. Lyle P. That is amazing he got his job back and the AWA guys are in jail. Was he drinking Bud? I guess he thought it was ok because it was an American beer.

The Lyle Prouse story is incredible. After I heard it, I respected the man....

Fly-n-hi said:
I wasn't sure if he was talking about low cost airlines or pilots who are willing to fly jets for 40 bucks an hour.

:D There are RJ Pilots who would kill for $40 an hour.

jarhead said:
I don't think that's quite accurate. My recollection of the infamous NWA flight out of Fargo, ND, was that the DC-9 crew was arrested after they arrived at MSP and given sobriety tests.

Man, this is starting to sound like CNN reports. It was a 727, they were stopped by an inquisitive FAA man in Fargo who did nothing but call MSP, flew the plane to MSP and were given tests and arrested.

Deli Guy,

Deli Guy said:
Oh Yeah, Thats right!
I stand corrected. Lyle P. That is amazing he got his job back and the AWA guys are in jail.

Lyle went to prison for almost 2 years. When he "got his job back" it was as permanent First Officer only. After years of "proving" himself again he was finally offered the captain seat again by management. One of the few good NW management / labor stories.

Rez O. Lewshun,

Rez O. Lewshun said:
The Lyle Prouse story is incredible. After I heard it, I respected the man.

He is a Native American x-military pilot that had a problem and paid the price for it. Yes he certainly is a respectable pilot and person.

canyonblue said:
Man, this is starting to sound like CNN reports. It was a 727, they were stopped by an inquisitive FAA man in Fargo who did nothing but call MSP, flew the plane to MSP and were given tests and arrested.

Mostly correct. I had that Fed route check me in MSP several years ago. I asked him about it and he said that the crew was told not to leave but they left anyways. I guess they were trying to buy some time to sober up or something along those lines.

Redmeat said:
Deli Guy,

Lyle went to prison for almost 2 years. When he "got his job back" it was as permanent First Officer only. After years of "proving" himself again he was finally offered the captain seat again by management. One of the few good NW management / labor stories.

Rez O. Lewshun,

He is a Native American x-military pilot that had a problem and paid the price for it. Yes he certainly is a respectable pilot and person.

Of the three pilots in the crew, only Lyle really took responsibility for his actions. He was hired first as a sim instructor. At the time the CEO of NWA understood alcohol addiction as a child. Lyle re-earned all of his pilot ratings starting at private. The most memorable line was Lyle saying "pilots I didn't even like sent me money." The judge that sent Lyle to prison was moved by a letter Lyle sent to him. Clinton pardoned him in 2001.

We carry each other. If Flight Info was around in 1990 when Lyle made his mistake, 99% of you would crucify him then burn him alive on this message board.

We all make mistakes, what we do afterwards defines who we are....

Latest resources

Back