• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dirty Tricks From Whipsaw City, Act II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know the man, but have heard a lot about him from people in the industry...some good...some bad.

He has been able to run the business in a way to survive the downturn and is now picking up assets (hopefully at favorable prices) that he and the other stakeholders (including employees) hope will be a stable and profitable player in a very tough business. They have done this without the deep pockets of BK, or a manufacturer.

Shouldn't the FO group be a bit proud that they are a survivor and see how things turn out before degrading the company they work for and seems to be making some pretty good moves?

FO is not buying Flex...DAC is! Silly to keep saying otherwise.

To put it simply I am glad he is our owner since he is a capable businessman. Do I trust him? NO!

I really don't trust any mgmt team to be looking after my best interests, that's just good common sense!

Lets wait for a few more rain drops to fall before declaring a NOTAM that the sky is in fact falling.

The details aren't out to the employees and as far as I know, no one from the Waterview is looking for a house in Cleveland. I know it's difficult, but let's give this some time.

Personally, I don't think KR is done moving his pieces around the board.

"A good indication what will happen is if he moves you office people to Cleveland."

Did you know they were remodeling the offices on the second floor at CGF?

Last edited:
So you're saying they already have a facilities plan for a transaction that hasn't even closed?

It's time to go to DEFCON 2.

Did you know they just renewed the lease and remodeled at the Waterview?

Maybe it means something maybe not.

You know as pilots we are not allowed to do outside commercial flying as it is competing with our employers ...

But our employers are able to compete against us? By purchasing other commercial flying concerns?

No ones stopping you from being a Starbucks barista on your days off.

So, I have a question for those at Options who "can't wait to staple" flex pilots to your seniority list. While I realize the comment I made above is a limited group of the outspoken, why would you want the same size group as yours currently to be sucked in knowing that 60 to 70% of them don't want to be part of a union and would be so angry over it that it would throw an almost immediate move to decertify the 1108? Also, didn't your union vote barely pass or was that CS? If it did barely pass, why would you think that the group at Flex, who by the way on 3 or 4 separate occasions said no thanks to even bringing it to a vote, would not move to decertify?

Dog is correct. We all just need to watch and see what happens. Based on you scope clause, the fact that Flex is not an air carrier and the fact that it is DAC who bought us and not Options just solidifies my personal opinion that we, as KR stated, will continue to be operated separately as companies.

Only time will tell who is correct or not. However, I will, gladly buy an adult beverage for our new "brothers/sisters in law."

So, I have a question for those at Options who "can't wait to staple" flex pilots to your seniority list. While I realize the comment I made above is a limited group of the outspoken, why would you want the same size group as yours currently to be sucked in knowing that 60 to 70% of them don't want to be part of a union and would be so angry over it that it would throw an almost immediate move to decertify the 1108? Also, didn't your union vote barely pass or was that CS? If it did barely pass, why would you think that the group at Flex, who by the way on 3 or 4 separate occasions said no thanks to even bringing it to a vote, would not move to decertify?

Dog is correct. We all just need to watch and see what happens. Based on you scope clause, the fact that Flex is not an air carrier and the fact that it is DAC who bought us and not Options just solidifies my personal opinion that we, as KR stated, will continue to be operated separately as companies.

You Sir are in for a rude awakening. I dont know how Flex MGT operates but im guessing your quality of life and CULTure is about to change dramatically..I was never a Union supporter but this MGT made me a believer..You are in for a tailspin that you will not be able to recover. And theres 3 types of pilots at Flops 1. the asskissers 2. to scared to tell you there true feelings for fear of retribution ( because its happened) 3. the ones that wont be intimidated and dont kiss ass. those are few..Good Luck

Latest resources

Back