Director of Ops job at FLOP'S

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Peanut gallery

A friend of mine called and asked what I thought about this job that he found out about. I told him I really knew nothing about FLOP'S so I am here to see what folks here have to say. He would be an incredible asset to any operation, a pilot's manager that lived life in the trenchs most of his career. I guess I really want to know if he could benefit this operation or would he be wasting his time bashing his head agaist some mad buggers wall.

Position: Assistant Program Manager - Various Types

Summary: This position will be responsible for assisting the Program Manager with the daily management of the assigned Flight Options fleet. The Assistant Program Manager will report directly to the assigned Program manager.

Duties and Responsibilities: This position will assist in the daily management of a fleet of approximately 25 aircraft and all of its flight crews. Daily responsibilities include: management of IOE and Check Airmen and according schedules; review all pilot documentation and quality control pilot training records; conducts interviews and makes hiring recommendations; reviews, monitors and assures approved training programs are being conducted in compliance with pertinent regulations; monitors pilot due lists and provides the Training Department with monthly training requirements; works in conjunction with other Program Managers in the development, implementation and crew adherence to the company and aircraft specific Standard Operation Procedures Manual (SOP); assists with the development and maintaining standard aircraft checklists; monitors, reviews and distributes to aircraft and crews required aircraft and operations documentation including but not limited to Checklists, General Operations Manuals, SOP Manual, Flight Manuals and all applicable revisions. This position is also responsible for conducting flight operations with all crewmembers in his/her line on a rotating basis and completes evaluation forms. Also monitors crew performance, makes recommendations for upgrades, and recommends additional or remedial training as required.

Qualifications: Must be ATP rated pilot, preferably with PIC experience; Previous management and FAR part 135 experience preferred. Candidates must have at least 2 years experience operating as a pilot for Flight Options. The position requires a high degree of knowledge and understanding in Company including Standard Operating Procedures, General Operations Manual and Code of Federal Regulations applicable to Flight Options operations. The position requires a highly self motivated person that can work unsupervised. Superior communication skills and positive demeanor to work effectively within the flight department program management and other departments. Must possess proven Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and Outlook. Candidates will be required, at times, to work a flexible schedule to include night and weekend duties. Relocation to Cleveland, Ohio is required.

Positions are available in various aircraft programs. INTERNAL CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.

But has this been announced INTERNALLY?? I don't give a rat's $hit for the position, but I know check airmen and very senior PICs who would apply, if WE KNEW THE POSITION WAS OPEN!!

This place sucks....

SheGaveMeClap said:
But has this been announced INTERNALLY?? I don't give a rat's $hit for the position, but I know check airmen and very senior PICs who would apply, if WE KNEW THE POSITION WAS OPEN!!

I've known about it for about 6 to 8 weeks now. I read about it on here. I'm pretty sure it came across my Blackberry about the same time....although, it was embedded in an email(I think from joe) about something completely unrelated. I was suprised I actually read that far down the email...but, what can I say..I was bored...

Qualifications: Must be ATP rated pilot, preferably with PIC experience; Previous management and FAR part 135 experience preferred. Candidates must have at least 2 years experience operating as a pilot for Flight Options. The position requires a high degree of knowledge and understanding in Company including Standard Operating Procedures, General Operations Manual and Code of Federal Regulations applicable to Flight Options operations.

Seems to indicate that outside candidates need not apply. Then again, if 2 years with RTA qualifies, maybe one of the Fab 5 will take it. :D Wouldn't that be a kicker.

Relocation to Cleveland, Ohio is required.

That clenches it...nobody in their right mind would want it.

FracCapt said:
....although, it was embedded in an email(I think from joe) about something completely unrelated. .

Oh, that was the problem. I automatically delete anything without reading it from Joe, MS, and that dirty ba$tard weather guy. Can we please get an ignore function on our e-mail?!?!?!

FracCapt said:
That clenches it...nobody in their right mind would want it.

Good point.

I actually recall seeing an e-mail about "restructuring" of our PMs and APMs, but don't recall advertising for applicants. Doesn't matter, I was probably drunk anyway. I try to read that garbage while I'm wasted, so I don't get pissed off about it.

Speaking of APMs, has anyone heard the fate of a certain junior (like 700-something) APM? If he is no longer an APM, he should fly what his seniority holds, which is years from PIC!! Just curious if anyone knew....

Last edited:
Actually there are going to be internal pilots applying for those postitions. Of course the ones who want it are the company a$$ kissers. Check airmen who are always trying to convince folks to postpone write ups or fly over duty times or bend rules so that the company saves a couple bucks, already live in Cleveland and just want another excuse to keep from actually going out on the road and doing the dirty work like the rest of us.

Of course those are the ones the company wants in management so they'll get the jobs.

Hey...

They forgot to mention that ex-military is a plus too. If you have that going for you, you're almost guaranteed a management position if you apply for it. I have nothing against ex-military guys...that's just the way they do things at FLOPs. I too would like to know the fate of that junior beechnut APM that played back door politics. Don't even get me started on THAT subject.

Latest resources

Back