Dilemma

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Verrrrrrrry interesting . . . .

Not to start up another P-F-T controversy, but if your Chautauqua pool is that, don't even consider it. There are plenty of threads about the professional, moral and ethical ramifications of P-F-T, which I believe in sincerely. Bottom line, though, you don't want to risk being washed out/being ripped off/defrauded and having a PRIA black mark so early in your career. You're in no hurry. Save your money and build your time. You'll get your chance without having to P-F-T.

Chautauqua

Is Chautauqua like Gulfstream? If so, your being "selected" for a class is a joke. "Yeah, kid, we'd love to have you come fly for us....just whip out the old checkbook"

When something seems too good to be true, it probably is.....

A scab is a pilot who crosses a picket line to fly during a strike. As much as I disagree with PFT because it "lowers the bar" for pilots....you aren't a scab if you do it. Don't EVER be a scab....

EEK! Lets take it easy on the guy.

When I posted the message I never thought he might get beamed for being a PFT'er. I did say in the post that I was not sure if they still were. I knew they were 2 years ago as well as hiring street captains. Times change, airlines don't. If anyone has some recent info on the most commonly mispelled commuter please share on the pft under 2500tt. I kinda feel for the guy- If I got an offer like that at 300tt I would have huge wood over it. Just minus the PFT if it stands......After all at 300 hrs how much experience do you really have? Do you feel that an ERJ 145 is a good place to learn to fly instruments on a real world scenario? Or even the cockpit of any airliner? I say commit to the school and gain the much needed experience. When you are ready then go to the commuters. I recommended a 400tt guy to go to TSA once--once!. He was a great guy with a great non-flying resume. They took a chance on him, oh they tried, they gave him countless sim sessions in a J31 or 41. He could just never transition easily from the C172 and Seneca to a CRM cockpit and precise flying.
Whatever you chose I wish you good luck in..
:D

Latest resources

Back