Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
minitour said:
oops...should've quoted Vik also...
Sorry, mini, didn't mean to pick on you there. My score card was getting hard to read with all the additions, deletions, erasures, and white-out. I lost track of who thought what and why, but thought that by bringing up the IFR/IMC thing, somebody might have a lightbulb come on somewhere.

Apparently, though, I should have asked, "Is that Practice with a Big P, or practice with a little p?" :) I'll go back to watching from the third base line now. :)

TonyC said:
Sorry, mini, didn't mean to pick on you there. My score card was getting hard to read with all the additions, deletions, erasures, and white-out. I lost track of who thought what and why, but thought that by bringing up the IFR/IMC thing, somebody might have a lightbulb come on somewhere.

Apparently, though, I should have asked, "Is that Practice with a Big P, or practice with a little p?" :) I'll go back to watching from the third base line now. :)

It all good T diggity dawg...I be gangsta' :p

-mini

"Albquerque Center, can you ask the center director for a vector to hector?"

I overhead this on KC Center once: "CorpEx 1234, cleared to STL via the Rivers2 Arrival, you can have whatever altitude you like, squawk 4321."

One night at MKC I got this clearance "Cleared for touch and goes on any runway until further notice."

Chris

Airboss said:
For flow control into Atlanta, preapre to hold. (Hear it too often!)

Wasn't this way until the commuters got all the Replacement Jets

someone posted a goofy one a while back that reminded me of this

"Boeing chrome-plated stovepipe triple nickle eightball, Moncton Tower - Got you ten in the slot, boots on and laced. You got the nod to hit the sod."

From Ace McCool, Jack Desmarais "Happy Landings"

I hate the triple or quadruple bangers especially when you're busy. Turn left to 110, descend to 2000, intercept the localizer, contact the tower 118.70 and before you go there's traffic at you two o'clock and 4 miles.

CRFLyPutt said:
I hate the triple or quadruple bangers especially when you're busy. Turn left to 110, descend to 2000, intercept the localizer, contact the tower 118.70 and before you go there's traffic at you two o'clock and 4 miles.
I HATE THAT! I've always had a terrible short term memory, and I always get so messed up when they do that.

"Left to 110, uh, (waiting for other pilot to set altitude on display) 2... thousand, cleared for uh... localizer, looking for traffic..... contact tower.... uh, what was the frequency again?" :D
I got befuddled on a callup to an ARINC freq the other day coming into Atlanta and totally gouged it to death:
"(FBO Name) ARINC Unicom, no Unicom ARINC, errr forget it... Citation 123AB."

I completed my flight training at KBJC outside of Denver. The airport lies in Class D airspace and is rather busy with primary training. Invariably during the weekend rush I would get this statement when leaving Jeffco's airspace to the north for the practice area. Rather than call out specific traffic they woud say:

Controller: "Cessna blah blah blah, numerous targets north of Class Delta, frequency changed approved, good day..."

The controller always said it with a slight inflection of "try not to hit anybody" today.

Turn left heading 360, descend maintain 4000, cleared ILS 31C, 250 kts to Gleim, 180 to Runts, tower at Runts, 118.7. (got that this morning...it helps when you do it several times a week, you can kind of expect it.)

CRFLyPutt said:
I hate the triple or quadruple bangers

Must be something about my obviously youthful features , they usually hear me once then start spoon feeding it:

"Descent and maintain 4000" then when I have that under control, I will get a vector, and when that seems to be on the up and up, in their careful voice reserved for slow children or the oxygen-deprived, "Nooowww, coonnttaact ABC approoaach on 1xx.yy, Goood daayy!"

CummON buddy, feed it to me!

Depends where you are, the controller's situation and traffic I suppose.

Latest resources

Back