'different' clearances

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ISaidRightTurns said:
If you do it that often, why wouldn't you file it? Is it published as a pref route?

So you'd like to file radar vectors in your flight plan?

Swede said:
Can't believe no one's mentioned Caribbean controllers. All you need to do is say "Royer" ("Roger")

Yesterday departing Maiquetia. Filed 1 Mares departure, then it's A315 to Curacao. As we are cleared for T/O, tower says "Fly REKON departure, cleared for takeoff". Whoa there hoss. We need to sort this out.

I go back to ground. REKON is not on our flight plan, nor does it touch A315 to PJG.

Me: "Ground, understand cleared REKON departure?"

Gnd: "Royer!"

Me: "We were not filed for REKON. Where do you want us to go after REKON?" (REKON is darned close to the field)

Gnd: "Royer!"

Me: ?!?! "AFTER REKON, WHERE DO WE FLY?"

Gnd: "Royer, REKON departure!"

This is not exaggerated at all.
So? How did it turn out? The thing to do is just go with it and straighten it out with the departure controllers. I bet they had you doing what you were supposed to be doing in seconds. I suppose if you're in an airliner that might not be an option though, huh?

I have to say that I sympathize with you about SVMI. I hate that place. We beat feet for Bonnaire whenever we have to go there. Something about parking next to an A-319 and a 737, both fueled with APUs running, complete with armed guards, for señor Chavez, should he need a ride out of Dodge in a hurry, that really detracts from one's impression of political and social stability there. I can't be out of Venezuela soon enough!

Swede said:
As part of my deep South America check, the Check Airman said "Many of these enroute controllers like Manaus will approve ANYTHING you request. Watch this: 'Center, request a large pepperoni with extra cheese.' " "Royer, approved as requested" :D
Now THAT'S hilarious. I'll have to try that with those guys sometime! I don't doubt THAT for a minute either.

TIS

I was IFR to Cecil Field in JAX and was 35 miles from the field when approach said " Golden Eagle XXX, 35 miles from Cecil, cleared to land"

First time I have ever been cleard to land from so far away.

TIS said:
So you'd like to file radar vectors in your flight plan?
No, but you can file a fix/radial/distance on V165. Then the clearance would be cleard to v165 via radar vectors, rest of route unchanged. I wish I did this sorta thing for a living or something.

Latest resources

Back