Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Delurry

Hi there

I just want to know if there is a big difference between 737-200 and -300. In term of emergency procedures and other limitations.

Yes, there are a couple of systems that are different.

First, The hydrolic system is different. The -200 all amjor systems are on the A system, a few systems are on the b system. The -300 has a more split system where major systems are split between the A system and the B system. The -300 has more systems on the hydrolics ie. "auto slats" and a PTU for gear retraction with the loss of engine #1.

Second, The electrical system is a little different in the TR 2 can back up TR 1 in the -300 and visa versa with TR 3 being a standby. The -200 does not have this feature TR 1 and TR 2 are backed up by TR 3 with switching to go to TR 1 primary. This is for CAT II approaches in the -300.

Third, Flight controls are a little different. More stuff on the -300.

Forth, Limitations are different for the -200 than the -300. Engines, Electrical, Weights, Starting limits, etc.

Nothing overwhelming just a few more numbers running around in your head. When in doubt get out the QRH.

Good post, up frnt.

One slight correction...

The PTU is used for autoslats....the LGTU (landing gear transfer unit) is used when the #1 engine fails (it transfers the gear retraction from the A system to the B system).

GP

huh?

You guys got recurrent coming up or something?!? Way to much knowledge taking up the space between yall's ears...
Strange how all that stuff they want us to know never seems to help me on a foggy day in southeast...
Good post guys - I guess I will have to start cracking a book pretty soon and dust off some brain cells.

Refresher Info

For those wishing to get refreshed on the 737 you can contact Higher Power Aviation & sit in on any of their 737 classes for a refresher. This is regardless of whether you attended their type school or not. You must have a 737 type though to audit any of the classes. You can contact them at www.jetcrew.com and contact Bobby or any of the gals....they'll be glad to get you in the class. They also occasionally have a 300 differences classes that runs for about 4 hrs, check with them to see if that is going on also. They are located in DAL. Send a PM to me for further details or if you have questions. Also if you have questions about housing. cheers,

Latest resources

Back