• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did SWA decision board meet??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any idea how the slowing down of deliveries and hiring will affect those that have interviewed already?

I'm just wondering if they're taking their time, given the fact that classes aren't being filled as fast. Just a thought.

FWIW, when the calls go out depends on which of the chiefs or people dept folks have your name on their list. I didn't get called til the next tuesday or wednesday.

And no, they will not delay calls because they are slowing growth. If they made the decision to "continue the process" (hire you), waiting longer to call you and tell you won't solve anything. Slowed growth will more affect how many they call in to interview in the following months. Aircraft recently acquired need pilots now.

This is the toughest several days... I remember it well. Hang tough. Good luck to all, but remember, worst case scenario, if you have to interview again in a year the company sees persistence as a positive and your odds are better. One of the best captains I ever flew with got hired on his 3rd time.

I know, not very reassuring now. Good luck to all!

reading on another board that the letters have been mailed out but the calls dont seem to have started as of now.

Good luck to everyone!!

Maybe they don't like to call on Friday the 13th. I was on the April board and calls didn't go out until Monday the 16th.

Latest resources

Back