Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

<----- Did logbookpro.com buy airlinelogbook (palm log) and double its price?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mike1

I've been searching for airlinelogbook.com, as it was a good loogbook I tried on my palm pilot.

Come to find out that logbook pro purchased the business and doubled the price of the airline logbook. Thanks alot bastards.

Yes they did buy it out...

What was the price before? I just downloaded it for a 90 day trial.. $60 bucks is a bit steep..

The price was $30. Which is par for palm software.

I was thinking about switching my logbook from excel to their program and using the palm application, but $160 is BULL.

$160 Gets you an entire Windows XP Pro Operating System.
$160 Gets you MS Office Professional.
$160 Gets you Filemaker Pro which does a million things.

Flightinfo supporter or not, Logbook pro now officially sucks.

I'll be the first to give $100 bucks to someone who can design a software package that does the same thing, so long as they guarentee that they won't turn around and stick it to all the "high dollar" pilots that find their product usefull.

Nope, APDL was always $60. Before and after it was bought out by Logbookpro. It has always been a bit too expensive.

Turbojet23 said:
Nope, APDL was always $60. Before and after it was bought out by Logbookpro. It has always been a bit too expensive.

Actually not true. APDL, when it first came out around 2000 or so, was $30. Some years back, (3 years or so give or take) it was increased to $60. For a while (before the purchase by Logbook Pro), APDL was offered as a combo deal with Logbook Pro for around $120. I'm not sure what such a combo is running now.

I've used it for 5+ years and it is well worth the money. Especially if you understand exactly what all the program can do for you. In fact, I've never had a little black log book that is typical of airline pilots. I've yet to buy Logbook pro, but from friends that have it, they love not having to update their paper logbooks anymore. Plus the other features offered like automatically filling in 8110 forms and being able to filter out your time a hundred different ways.

If you want info right from the source, here is the website.

http://www.airlinelogbook.net/

It should redirect you to the new site. And no, I don't work for them or get a commission for directing you there. I was a beta tester for the designer for a few of the earlier versions.

I also bought the APDL program but I haven't yet bought Logbook Pro, mainly because it is so expensive. Also, it's full of glitzy features and gee-whiz stuff like sound effects and animations that make me cringe. If the designers of the program would spend more time on making it look professional and less time on making useless new features then maybe I'd buy it.

My biggest complaint with APDL is the lack of updates. The schedule importer for my airline does not import hotel or crew data, even though it's on the pairing. Also, the recent version upgrade did nothing but change the "about" page to reflect the new owners as far as I'm concerned. It even still has the same spelling errors in setup screen. This would have been a 5 minute fix, but I guess they're too busy to fix it. That being said, it's a good program, but it could be a great program with a few tweaks here and there.

I give this thread until the end of the day, too. Anything remotely critical about Logbook Pro seems to disappear before anybody knows what happened.

Does the new stand alone schedule importer work with the "Pre-nc" version of APDL or are they still trying to scam more $$ to buy the updated version so it'll work?

BTW does anyone have the original schedule importer, I had to re-do my pc and lost it. And yes, I know you can use the web to do it.

Does the new stand alone schedule importer work with the "Pre-nc" version of APDL or are they still trying to scam more $$ to buy the updated version so it'll work?

I believe when Logbookpro took over APDL it was a free update to version 6. At least I don't remember having to pay any money for it.

Actually not true. APDL, when it first came out around 2000 or so, was $30. Some years back, (3 years or so give or take) it was increased to $60. For a while (before the purchase by Logbook Pro), APDL was offered as a combo deal with Logbook Pro for around $120. I'm not sure what such a combo is running now.

Yeah, I didn't start using it till 2001, so its always been $60 bucks to me.

Last edited:
Yeah, APDL has been about $60 for quite a while. The cheaper one you are thinking of was the one made by LBPro. Whether or not they still offer it, I don't know.

Kenny said:

BTW does anyone have the original schedule importer, I had to re-do my pc and lost it. And yes, I know you can use the web to do it.

Yes, it should work with earlier versions. Also, if you use the online version, you shouldn't have to download anything to your computer.

Latest resources

Back