• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did I miss the boat? Best Regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have about 1600PIC turbine. I just don't know if anything but the regional are gonna be hiring after the market has been flooded with a bunch ex ATA, Skybus, Champion, and Aloha pilots. I think all of the majors are spoken for by people with 121 experience. All of my experience is 135.

I think you're setting your sights way too low. Regionals are for 250 hour wonders with no other prospects.

You've got a lot of time and good TPIC. Try NetJets, FlexJet, or Citation Shares on the frac side of the house.

Virgin, Allegiant, Atlas, or SWA on the 121 side.

Times are a little tough right now but not so much that I'd sell my soul to a regional for $19/hour. You have to be making triple or better in the 135 world. Why do you want to leave? Keep in mind that there is a reason why 121 pilots are leaving legacy carriers to come to NJA.

I have about 1600PIC turbine. I just don't know if anything but the regional are gonna be hiring after the market has been flooded with a bunch ex ATA, Skybus, Champion, and Aloha pilots. I think all of the majors are spoken for by people with 121 experience. All of my experience is 135.

what if i win the lotto?? i wont know unless i buy a ticket. just apply everywhere that you'd want to work and see what happens.

The mood at RAH right now is still cautiously optimistic. FlightSafety was just flat-out overwhelmed with all of the 170 stuff, and they needed this breather to put a ton of captain upgrades through (if you've got two hours to kill, try asking one of them about bypass pay). A lot of people in your situation really just need the 121 experience on the resume before they can move on to bigger and better things, and there are worse places than Republic to sit out an industry slowdown. The 700-1000 pilots idea for this year is more or less out the window, but they're still putting plenty of classes together. If (and ONLY if) NetJets isn't calling you, I'd pursue RAH or SKW pretty hard - mainly depending on where you would like to live. With that kind of experience behind you, you're overqualified for either job. ATA and Aloha pilots aren't really knocking the doors down over at the regional hiring departments...

Go fly E170s at Republic/Shuttle America/CHQ or Compass. None of those airlines you listed will pay great, but I think you'll enjoy the E170 (that's what my friends say who fly it).

The 170's a neat toy, but I'm sure you know better than to base your choice on whoever happens to be flying the shiniest RJs.

Last edited:
Go fly E170s at Republic/Shuttle America/CHQ or Compass.
Right, and if they offer you the CRJ/ERJ, tell them you're "too good to fly a 50 seat RJ" and that you are "only interested in flying the 76 seat RJ that looks like a mini-737."

You're a shoe-in at that point!

What about looking at some Part 91 jobs? You seem to be pretty good at networking...I know Chevron, Motorola, and HSBC are just some of the few that I know are looking for pilots!!

Republic has slowed down their hiring process just a little. As stated above, Flight Safety is over whelmed with Training. To date they have trained about 260 new hires so far. It looks like they will slow down New Hire classes this summer to get upgrades through. New hire classes should start back strong around Aug. 1000 seems doubtful right now, I think 500-600 this year would be more like it.
As far as the bypass.... I was one 8 months!

Good Luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back