• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did I miss the boat? Best Regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've heard about commuting not being fun. I'm just planning on moving to the domicile. Minneapolis, Chicago, Denver, or something on the west coast would be my preference.

Still thinking about part 91 too, but I need to see some sort of company rules regarding max duty time. I'm done with small 135 companies that expect you to be on call for 24hours and then say it's a day off because you didn't fly. For some reason our POI thinks this is legal.

I'd like to add my non-endorsement of Horizon to all the other non-endorsements of Horizon on this thread. Unless of course, like me, you're too lazy to commute or move out of the Pacific NW, don't care about flying "near-jet" turboprops, and only fly so you don't have to work in retail, wait tables or collect unemployment.

What about looking at some Part 91 jobs? You seem to be pretty good at networking...I know Chevron, Motorola, and HSBC are just some of the few that I know are looking for pilots!!

I think most if not all of those jobs have been filled...more info at ProPilotWorld.

Hollywood82 said:
Still thinking about part 91 too, but I need to see some sort of company rules regarding max duty time. I'm done with small 135 companies that expect you to be on call for 24hours and then say it's a day off because you didn't fly. For some reason our POI thinks this is legal.

We are a small one-plane department, but our duty time limitation is 14 hours...what it should be for 121. I'd guess most 91 departments have similar policies, with the possible exception of supplemented-crew international flights.

Right, and if they offer you the CRJ/ERJ, tell them you're "too good to fly a 50 seat RJ" and that you are "only interested in flying the 76 seat RJ that looks like a mini-737."

You're a shoe-in at that point!
Dat might go over like a fart in church....... but gives it a try an lettuce no how it goes...... bouyyyyyyy.......

Right, and if they offer you the CRJ/ERJ, tell them you're "too good to fly a 50 seat RJ" and that you are "only interested in flying the 76 seat RJ that looks like a mini-737."

You're a shoe-in at that point!
I'd say mini-Airbus

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back