• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did i hear them right????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not asking you to cut me any slack. I know that CAPT did me wrong and I got all the e-mails to prove it. The reason why CAPT sends in our resumes is because most of us graduate with 225 hours of total time with less than 100 hours of multi time. I got more time because I wanted it bad back then. I figured if I can build time outside of CAPT and make myself stand out above the rest, I'd look just that much better to the airline interview team. Anyway, I'm not going to get into it. You can read through my posts in the past and you'll understand where I'm at. Sure, I got the time, but I don't have the money anymore because of CAPT delays and incompetence. I'm not about to make a $101K debt into a $200K debt because I chose to pay interest only and extend my loan until I'm 55 with no way to save to buy a house because I decided to fly and be poor. NO thanks.

Flying Ninja said:
I'm not asking you to cut me any slack. I know that CAPT did me wrong and I got all the e-mails to prove it. The reason why CAPT sends in our resumes is because most of us graduate with 225 hours of total time with less than 100 hours of multi time. I got more time because I wanted it bad back then. I figured if I can build time outside of CAPT and make myself stand out above the rest, I'd look just that much better to the airline interview team. Anyway, I'm not going to get into it. You can read through my posts in the past and you'll understand where I'm at. Sure, I got the time, but I don't have the money anymore because of CAPT delays and incompetence. I'm not about to make a $101K debt into a $200K debt because I chose to pay interest only and extend my loan until I'm 55 with no way to save to buy a house because I decided to fly and be poor. NO thanks.

What did you expect? 500 hrs and regionals will be beating down your door because you went through the CAPT program? With 500 hrs you cant be picky, and if you really want to fly for a living it can be done, but you will have to work at some places you may not want to for a while, ie mesa etc. I, for one, graduated from a 4 year aviation program, am paying for it ALL myself, got married a year ago, and the wife only works part time, all while paying bills and saving to buy a house. There are ALOT of people out there that bust their a$$es to get what they want, and just because they went to the CAPT program or UND or ERAU or where ever, and never felt entitled to any job, went out and worked hard and got that job they wanted. All I am saying is that blaming CAPT for not getting you a job at 500hrs is not only crazy, but giving up on flying for a living and coming on flightinfo daily and pissing and moaning on how CAPT screwed you is not going to solve anyting. Either suck it up and give up or get out there like everyone else and instruct and build up some time to be qualified to go somewhere.

CAPT bashing is not going to solve anything for me, true. I'm CAPT bashing to let the WORLD know that their management is incompetent and that they sell a bunch of lies. And hopefully the message will be communicated across by word of mouth to save the poor souls that may be victimized by them in the future.

Now going back to my expectations. I expected CAPT to deliver on their advertisements of guaranteed interviews with 7-9 airlines that was boasted to me during my screening process. I didn't expect them to hand me a job.

I still have an interest in aviation. It's not rooted in flying as a career anymore. I have no feelings of entitlement with the airlines. Frankly, I feel underqualified after graduating from CAPT.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back