Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did Great Lakes have an EMB-120 taxi incident/accident?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Guitar Guy

Charvel - San Dimas
I was at a Christmas party last night when a guy, a mechanic for SkyWest, asked me about a taxi incident that supposedly severely damaged a Lakes EMB-120 in DEN. Not being with Lakes anymore, I hadn't heard about it. I was told by this gentelman that apparently a Lakes mechanic was taxiing a Brasilia back to the gate shortly after the last snowstorm in DEN and when he attempted to stop the plane, it impacted a maintenance truck. The plane was said to have the radome smashed back to the firewall, the left engine trashed, with all four prop blades being thrown and the engine and wing structure damaged. I was wondering if this was true.

Pretty much dead on... except Right engine trashed.. and it was one of the nicest EMBs in the fleet (power seats, good packs)

Folks who saw it said he was going fast. He slid about 20 feet past the line and impacted his truck and went another 10 feet and that is what kept him from hitting the terminal.

Wow - that's really sad. The same source also said that one of the blades flew over Concourse A. Is that true, too?

By the way, PM if you get a chance. I think we know who each other are, particularly if you remember an air turnback to PHX in the summer a few years ago.

Also true, all 4 blades were slung off and 1 could not be found until they strated looking on the roof and then found it on Horizon's side of A concourse.

canadflyau said:
Also true, all 4 blades were slung off and 1 could not be found until they strated looking on the roof and then found it on Horizon's side of A concourse.
That's scary.

Latest resources

Back