Did Dodge Ball/Hollywood Diss AWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hugh Jorgan said:
It's a joke, son. Should ALPA cry when Jay Leno makes a joke during his monologue as well? Maybe they should have cried when the Man Show did that (hilarious) sketch at the airport. If it were my pilot group, I'd be pissed off if ALPA came out and represented my group as a bunch of crying whiners (another stereotype that may or may not hold some truth). Relax. Have a beer.
Ditto that, especially the "whiner" part. Also, as it stands now, the general public has glossed over it and maybe gotten a chuckle. If ALPA, et al, start raising a stink, that's only going to bring more attention to the issue, and to YOU and ME.

Don't get me wrong. I laughed too, but then it didn't seem too funny especially knowing what happened to those guys at AWA. The ALPA part is just that I personally do not like Mr. Woerth especially when he opens up that pie hole of his and says things that pisses me off. Yeah, maybe I got worked up too much. Too much reserve, I need to go fly the line.

I'm still upset about that blow up autopilot in "Airplane". I'm still waiting on ALPA to tell the public that it's not factual.:)

The only thing that upsets me about the 'blow-up' autopilot is that I can't convince my FAs that that is the recommended technique for activating ALL pilots.

TOGA said:
The only thing that upsets me about the 'blow-up' autopilot is that I can't convince my FAs that that is the recommended technique for activating ALL pilots.
Simple....Just add your own page to the ops procedure handbook and bingo.:)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back