Did Anyone Just see That??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blzr

Duane Woerthless on World News Tonight wearing his pilot uniform.... What a Dork!!! He was posing as a terror expert... ROLF!!!

I need another Drink.... and now back to your regularly scheduled program..

Like him or not, my guess was that he was offering a point of view that might help people think a little more kindly of professional pilots in this country. Vote for someone else next time if you don't like him-I just might. Maybe you will run? In the meantime, I think we are better served by supporting those whose job it is to promote our position. Call me crazy.

blzr said:
Duane Woerthless on World News Tonight wearing his pilot uniform.... What a Dork!!! He was posing as a terror expert... ROLF!!!

I need another Drink.... and now back to your regularly scheduled program..

This mindset is one of the resons why this career is going down. How embarrassing.... How can anyone help a pilot group when they are so self defeating.....

The BOD is this Fall. If you know how to ensure he is not elected, then walk the walk... cause your talk isn't doing much....

I'd say it was his last ditch effort to don the uniform before heading off to prison at the hands of the former TWAers!

Put the screws to that SOB boys!

magrs said:
I'd say it was his last ditch effort to don the uniform before heading off to prison at the hands of the former TWAers!

Put the screws to that SOB boys!

Hint: Get a longer password...one that you have trouble entering when you're this drunk.

Occam's Razor said:
Hint: Get a longer password...one that you have trouble entering when you're this drunk.

No sir, it is you that should think twice before bashing another for stateing that truth. Mr. Dwane is a clown with limited free time ahead in his future I wish.
Relax francis! I think it was wishful thinking.

What is really going on....

Where ALPA has really failed is in maintaining a connection with its membership.

Perhaps National could have done things differently, although I don't see or read anything of substance or practical coming from the AHC. (ALPA Haters Club).

Now we've got such a division amongts the membership that management is having a divide and conquer field day.

Having the President of ALPA on National TV does more for our cause than we realize. This includes the pilots of jetblue, Airtran, SWA, Frontier, etc.. Problem is.. pilots are pragmatic, direct application, science guys. We operate the numbers and when we make an input we expect a result.

ALPA does an incredibly poor job educating its membership on ALPA and the world it operates in.

Our ALPA training sucks!

Politics is the realm ALPA operates in if we like it or not. When ALPA is on TV there are no direct results to be quantified... If you don't understand politics and how the game is played, it seems like a poor return on 1.95%.

Since ALPA isn't doing much about our education.... we have a couple of choices....Understanding what the ALPA President is doing on TV and how it benefits us is a start.....

Last edited:
No but my 14 previous years as a member does and I never want to be a part of this gang of thugs ever again. I'll have my day in court with then though.

Rez--Stop insulting us with the "why don't you run?" B.S. You and everyone else here who has been a member of this once-great organization knows that no one who hasn't done time in Herndon has a chance in hell of even getting heard when BOD elections are held.

Those who have driven ALPA for the past several decades have done so by signing up for union work on day one of newhire class and doing it non-stop, to the detriment of their families and flying until they got that coveted job in Herndon. Real line pilots don't have a chance.

There are two career paths for pilots who don't want to fly--management and union work.

One of my proudest moments as an ALPA member was when I managed to tank the aspirations of a spineless weasel in the TWA ranks who had his eye on a job at ALPA National. He put himself in that position by screwing his 'best friend' at TWA. But that's what it takes to make it to the top, I guess. :rolleyes:

Hugh--I respect you and your views on aviation but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. The Haoles from Herndon will hose you eventually. ;) TC

Rez

Your ignorance is exceeded only by your naivete. Where ALPA National failed was when it chose the wholesale slaughter of a group of it's constituents to mollify a potential membership group.....and then they (APA) left laughing

Latest resources

Back