Diarrhea in the Regionals ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

taters

This thread has been going for years in the cargo forum..Just thought it would be funny to hear some stories from the regional side.

True Story from spring of 03

A buddy of mine at STL watched two absent minded rampers hookup an airstart bottle to a TSA ATR -42. The problem is the ATR doesnt have an airstart. I believe the A/C was out of service for over two weeks. The F/A quit and some passenger even threatened to sue after turds, poo-poo, crap, feces, doo-doo, , piss, used condoms, tampons, vomitt, excrement, brown juice and $hit literaly blew the lav off of its attachment in the cabin as a result of 1000 psi infiltrating the thunder pot.

Last edited:
taters said:
This thread has been going for years in the cargo forum..Just thought it would be funny to hear some stories from the regional side.

True Story from spring of 03

A buddy of mine at STL watched two absent minded rampers hookup an airstart to a TSA ATR -42. The problem is the ATR doesnt have an airstart. I believe the A/C was out of Service for over two weeks. The F/A quit and some passenger even threatened to sue after turds, poo-poo, crap, feces, doo-doo, , piss, used condoms, tampons, vomitt, excrement, brown juice and $hit literaly blew the lav off of its attachment in the cabin as a result of 3000 psi infiltrating the thunder pot.
You'd think they would make the lav hookup a different size than the air start hookup so this couldn't happen

That is the exact same story that goes around here at XJT, except just change the plane to Brasilia and the location to Houston.

I stand corrected...the bottles we had at CHQ were 1000 so thats probaly what it was...dont know where I got that thanks for the heads up,,

FlyBarneyJets said:
Show me an air-cart that puts out 3000 psi.
I was thinking the same thing... In the G-V, we need 40 PSI to start the Rolls-Royces up... I don't think there is a huffer cart out there that puts out anywhere near 3,000 psi...

Or 1,000 psi for that matter. Most I've ever seen a huffer cart put out is 65psi. A bottle might give you 50psi if you're lucky and it's allowed to get a full charge.

The bottles with a Diesel Engine hold up to 1000 psi with adjustable output (opening the valve all the way would probably blow the air starter turbine to hell)..Huffer carts dont store compressed air, there just basically an apu on a cart...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back