• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL, USPS, FedEx to Cooperate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know it’s early, but has their been any statement from either union (ALPA or teamsters) or either management.

How in the world does Hete come up with 500 total jubs affected and 39 airplanes. Did he not read the release from DPWN or UPS. When they said "all", I think thats what they meant. Is he just trying to do a little sugar coat in order to see if anybody shows up for work. This will hit everyone in any position, not just us pilots.

I think that's exactly it, he is trying to calm things by downplaying the real impact. I think the phrase is false hope.

Dear Frank Appel,

OK, I'm inspired! I'm ready to draw on my individual strength and my complete loyalty to the company to commit myself to the successful implementation of this new plan--oh, wait, I'm furloughed. Never mind!

Sincerely,

XABXpilot

Sorry, that was meant for DHL employees, which we most certainly are not!

You're absolutely right, and that's probably the #1 reason that UPS will ultimately overtake DPWN in the world market: at the end of the day, "loyalty" is not a concept that DHL understands on any level; contractor, employee or customer. I'm not putting UPS on a pedestal, but DHL has a long history of not rewarding anyone in it's hodgepodge collection of companies or contractors.

I know it’s early, but has their been any statement from either union (ALPA or teamsters) or either management.
What makes you think ALPA even cares? Their history of support to dying airlines is monumentally absent. The Teamsters are no better. I think they wrote ABX off to get dhl to sign the big contract for ground and truck drivers.

Don't know if any of you guys caught the webcast. Only really interesting information was that ILN will close.

UPS will effectively be doing not only the US/Canada/Mexico flying, but also the sorting. The only thing DHL will operate will be the ground portion, i.e. pick-up/delivery and trucking.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back