DHL to consolidate ops in Wilmington, OH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also UPSer you say.....

"but in the short term with the combined fleets of ABX and Astar, the capacity will be too large"

Well from what I am told, Abx is at capacity on some routes and flying near 85% system wide. Don't know about Astar, but unless they are flying around practically empty, which I doubt, where is your overcapacity coming from?

DHL intends to grow, shrinking your lift right out of the trap so to speak, when your are pouring cash into hubs and advertising seems fairly contracdictory.

Are you guessing or making predictions on fact? Or is it wishful thinking?

Last edited:
UPSer,
Sounds to me like you are either a former ABX pilot or know a little bit about the company. If you have left to go brown, congrats, I would too. But, face it. Competition is coming and I think UPS and Fedex are eventually going to feel it. No, you say? What where all of those lawsuits with DHL America/ Astar about? My dog is in this hunt and I hope that ABX-Astar or a combination of the two will be around when I am 60. I don't care if I fly to SJU or CLE, the pay is good, the schedule is good and the retirement is good.

Oh, yeah...an investment of over a billion dollars last week and over a billion dollars to buy Airborne? No one puts that kind of money into something that isn't going to be big.

No harm, really don't want to start a fight, there is room for all.

Just wait till you are spun off to become an ACMI carrier. It won't be long. The future is here unfortunately. Also, we will be bringing our crew vans with us. I've been on yours and they are AWESOME! Fast, quite, and downright roomy. Do you guys have bunk rooms?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back