• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL ruined lives

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Perhaps the reason to switch gears and go after DHL and ABX, instead of just ABX, is from past practice. ABX has proven to not care about its employees. DHL is at least taking better care of the AStar guys. Continuing the same old tactics will produce the same old results. Besides, it was DHL that promised the money in the congressional hearings last year.

Mxer,

FWIW, I don't know if I would say they are "taking better care" of us. That no furlough protection was negotiated in our last contract through Mar. 6, 2010. Of course, to get assurances that they would actually honor our CBA, we had to give up our lawsuit. Which our MEC did without consulting the pilot group. I'm sure that at 0001 on Mar. 7th there will be a mass furlough. If we make it that far, which is doubtful.

Point taken. Don't take my comments as a dig at you guys either. My point is more that 1224 is trying a different route more because that is where the promise of severence originated and DHL is probably the only one that can force ABX to give up on withholding the severence. Personally, I support whatever efforts that may be effective. The letters from Washington to ABX certainly did nothing to help. Maybe this route will. Got nothing to lose.

Point taken. Don't take my comments as a dig at you guys either. My point is more that 1224 is trying a different route more because that is where the promise of severence originated and DHL is probably the only one that can force ABX to give up on withholding the severence. Personally, I support whatever efforts that may be effective. The letters from Washington to ABX certainly did nothing to help. Maybe this route will. Got nothing to lose.

I didn't take it as a dig. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back