• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL ruined lives

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Check out this web site and let DHL know how you feel about what they are doing. www.dhlruinedlives.com
Thanks for your help
Do you think DHL gives a flying-fig about how you, I, or anybody else feels about what they're doing? Do you honestly think anybody outside the circle of those directly affected cares?

What's done is done. You're not going to "guilt-trip" DHL into undoing anything. Better to figure out what you're going to do with the rest of your life.

Whistlin Dan is somebody who crossed the line before an will in the future. We're to small to make a diifference, let's join the side who has more power, I gotta take care of my family today,on and on. Eventually we all got to pay up, it's DHL'S time to do so, bad business practice should not come to the cost of the employees, who went above and beyound to save bad choices.

Anybody wanna explain what happened to my post here and the other gentleman who was talking about getting off your ass and stop your crying?

Is this forum biased? Funny how posts just disappear.

things that make you go hmmmm..

Yes

Yes the board is biased, yes posts are removed. Any other questions? There is a board out there for professional pilots where you can actually speak freely and have intelligent discussions. PM me if you want to know more cause if I say any more I am sure this post will disappear.

For those who haven't looked at the site or have a clue as to what is going on let me explain. DHL is gone, they are not coming back. We are not trying to get them back. Everyboby that worked at ABX and was let go got their severance, except for the pilots. Even the crews and employees at ASTAR are getting their severance. But because the pilots are in contract neg. and ABX mgt. wants to use our severance to pay the company's debt, the pilots severance money is being held hostage to try to force ABX crews to take deep concessions. This money was prosimed to us infront of the US Congress by John Mullen. No one is asking for something they don't deserve or weren't promised. We held up our end of the deal by putting forth the max effort to ensure DHL flights went out on time and they were able to continue serving their customers till the last day. We just want is owed and was promised to us.
For those that think the origional post was removed before because of a bias. That is not true. The origional post was removed because I put it in every forum on this board trying to get as many people as possible to look at the site and to let DHL know how they felt about what was going on. The mods called it spam, removed everything and sent me a warning telling me the only appropiate place for the post is in the cargo section. That is why it was removed.
And Dan, it's people like you who don't care and only out for themselves that made the profession what it is today. Have a little pride and self worth. Everyone, even you will benefit from it.

Anybody wanna explain what happened to my post here and the other gentleman who was talking about getting off your ass and stop your crying?

Is this forum biased? Funny how posts just disappear.

things that make you go hmmmm..

Mods? Care to explain this excellent question and mystery?

... it's people like you who don't care and only out for themselves that made the profession what it is today. Have a little pride and self worth. Everyone, even you will benefit from it.
Well, I won't take on the entire profession or "what made it what it is today," but I DO feel that what happened at DHL/Astar/ABX is unprecedented, and came abut largely because some people forgot which side they were on. I.E., they were "only looking out for themselves" Of the 3 operating groups, ABX was probably the least culpable in the whole mess, but is getting sucked into the undertow with the other 2.

What I don't understand is why you think DHL would care about how this is affecting people? In my experience, most large corporations operate pretty much free of any emotion, and respond only to what is best for business. DHL and it's subsidiaries are no exception to that rule.

The way to stop lions from attacking wildebeests isn't to get lions to care about wildebeests, it's to get wildebeests to care about wildebeests.

Perhaps the reason to switch gears and go after DHL and ABX, instead of just ABX, is from past practice. ABX has proven to not care about its employees. DHL is at least taking better care of the AStar guys. Continuing the same old tactics will produce the same old results. Besides, it was DHL that promised the money in the congressional hearings last year.

Latest resources

Back