• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL restructuring plan presentation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I personnely think that they get the airport back from DHL for a song, and in return the State of OHIO gets off the back of DHL. I see ILN turning into a "TIMCO", we have plenty of qualified MX and pleanty of hangar space. They have already started the MRO business, and could tie in the avionics refurb that they do. They could still do flight training with the sims. I think that between those things and the flying of the 767's and the cargo door DC9's that that is where the future lies.

I work in the maintenance Dept for ABX. I agree with your Timco concept and the other outsource work you mentioned. But I am not sure if the DC-9 will be able to stay in the big picture, even with cargo doors, but that will be ultimately be up to the bean counters and of course the cost of Jet A. I do see the possibility of the DC-9 maintaining a small niche market compare to dueling Metros flying side by side on shorter runs under 300 miles or so due to the gross weight and or volume issues. But there is always the CAT II flying to consider, but I don’t thing DHL will think that far ahead now that winter and/or fog season is over. Maybe it won’t be foggy next winter J

I just hope that he sticks with ABX rather than push all the aircraft to ATI. No offense ATI, just that your 8's are flying contract now and ours will be looking to save some jobs.

None taken. Believe me, while we'd like to see our company grow again to the size it was ten years ago (or better), not a one of us wants to see it happen at your expense.

Last edited:
None taken either. However Shooter when ATI DC-8 "s are finally put to bed will we merge our senority lists by date of hire? After all we are being asked to help save your jobs !ATI pilots also will not let our PFE"s get the short end of the stick without retraining.

None taken either. However Shooter when ATI DC-8 "s are finally put to bed will we merge our senority lists by date of hire? After all we are being asked to help save your jobs !ATI pilots also will not let our PFE"s get the short end of the stick without retraining.

I am not an ABX pilot so I can't answer that for you. I am an ABX Dispatcher only in my 8th year of service here. I do not think I will survive either scenario, but I still care about the people and jobs here. This is my 3rd and last airline. I want to stay, but I will not go to another airline when its time to leave. Best of luck to us all.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back