Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VerticalSnap

Hi,

I'm new to the US Airways Non rev deal. Anyhow, I'm trying to go from PHL-SWF (short flight) and it's showing 5 seats. Are the DH8's normally very weight restricted? I'm thinking with bad weather like most small a/c they are, but what about good weather? Are you able to take a full boat + j/s normally?

Short answer Yes,
Longer answer, seems like every time I try to Jumpseat LGA to Phl on pdt it is weight restricted. Not sure how different SWf is

Thanks. Looks like it's a 37 seat a/c but the US Airways wings non rev page shows 35 seats. Do they only book it to 35 due to the weight issues? It's showing it's booked to 30/35 right now. My wife and I are trying to get on so that would be 32 pax. Is that do-able?

WX bad? Maybe. If it's good it'll prob take 34/35 with no kids. Also depends if dx decides to tanker an extra 1,000#

Last edited:
35 is the max expectation I'd feel comfortable with. Weather, maybe 33/34 if over fueled. You get lucky and unlucky with kids/bags. Don't think many commute there from Philly

Here is my two cents......don't rely on them at all. I used to commute through Philly a ton to get home and have been bumped off the DH8 more than anyone. As a result I don't even bother.

Latest resources

Back