• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

DFW commute

chignutsak

When I get off mil leave I will be based in DFW and I was thinking of moving to TX. I am looking into SAT and AUS. Anyone have any opinions on these places and their QOL? I know SAT is one of the cheapest places in the country housing wise. How is the commute? I show lots of flights, how full are they?

jdrye

Total Time
Full.
I commuted from SAT to DFW for 8 years and finally moved. It was actually the wifes idea to move. I am home at least 50% more.

rumrnr78

Total Time
When I get off mil leave I will be based in DFW and I was thinking of moving to TX. I am looking into SAT and AUS. Anyone have any opinions on these places and their QOL? I know SAT is one of the cheapest places in the country housing wise. How is the commute? I show lots of flights, how full are they?

Having lived in the Metroplex and now San Antonio I can tell you San Antonio rocks!! Not sure about the a-hole comment from DG Douchbag about Spanish but this is Flight Info afterall!
I am leaving on a overseas contract and if your interested in a 1 year old home, fully furnished with 50" Plasma media room in the Texas Hill Country, about 20 minutes from the airport I will rent for a total steal to a fellow FI member!

Cheers- Rum

DGdaPilot

Parrot Head Pilot
Total Time
5:00
****************************** bag? My wife used to live there (she's Hispanic) and said even she couldn't believe how few people spoke English.