Detroit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lookin'

How's the market in Detroit right now? Any word of GM or Ford? I know Ford let some guys go about a year ago, anybody have any recent info?

A few of our pilots went to GM, one just a few months ago. He's being sent to school for the new Gulfstreams (replacing the X's), and is still flying the X's so I guess all is ok so far.

Couldn't tell ya about Ford though.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Does Chrysler still operate the Bus shuttle over to Europe? I think I remember hearing it was crewed by a German company.

Yes, Little Ceasars does or did have a plane. Don't know much about it though. My last NBAA guide is a few rears old, I'd love to get a hold of a new one if anyone has an extra.

What are considered the good jobs in Motown? Anyone have any first hand info?

Thanks again

Run away from Detroit, don't walk

I'd stay away from any company automotive related, including the "Big 2"; DaimlerChrysler does not have a US flight department anymore; Pentastar, out at Pontiac (PTK) would be your best bet for non-freight flying in the area, they are not connected with DC, and the Ford that owns it is not tied into the Motor Company anymore. I believe Little Caesars uses Pentastar for crews on the GII (if they still have it???), the DC9-50 (Tiger's and Red Wing's) is operated by Guardian Ind. out of DTW, and they also fly their own DC9-30 (Piston's). ADI, also at PTK, own a F28-4000 on a 121 certificate; plus they do some management work so I'd stop in there too.

Last edited:
I remember Little Caesers having a GII (I think) out of PTK, but I thought they sold it. Not sure if it was replaced or they're using charter/frac now.

I would definitely second the Pentastar gig, good company that is expanding in a lot of directions with little sign of slowing.

Doesn't Pfizer have a hangar and A/c on the north side of YIP? Something like a DO-jet shuttle and something else? Also Dominos Pizza is based in Ann Arbor. One would think that they would have some sort of flying device. Hanz mortgage has a flight dept based at YIP (near ameristar), they fly citations and a beechjet. They fly for the company and do netjets/flight options pickup work too.-kingaira90

kingaira90 said:
Doesn't Pfizer have a hangar and A/c on the north side of YIP? Something like a DO-jet shuttle and something else? Also Dominos Pizza is based in Ann Arbor. One would think that they would have some sort of flying device. Hanz mortgage has a flight dept based at YIP (near ameristar), they fly citations and a beechjet. They fly for the company and do netjets/flight options pickup work too.-kingaira90

The DO-jet is Johnson Controls, Pfizer is located at Battle Creek (I believe?).

fokkerjet said:
The DO-jet is Johnson Controls, Pfizer is located at Battle Creek (I believe?).

Thats right it does say that at the entrance on E Course. For some reason I thought they were sharing the space with Pfizer. -kingaira90

Latest resources

Back