• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Detroit?

lookin'

Total Time
9k+
How's the market in Detroit right now? Any word of GM or Ford? I know Ford let some guys go about a year ago, anybody have any recent info?

Raskal

big member, little pay
Total Time
*sigh*
A few of our pilots went to GM, one just a few months ago. He's being sent to school for the new Gulfstreams (replacing the X's), and is still flying the X's so I guess all is ok so far.

Couldn't tell ya about Ford though.

DC3Flyer

Total Time
Ford

Ford hired two pilots around January, no more hiring is anticipated.

psysicx

Total Time
-----
Doesn't Little Caesars family have a flight department?

lookin'

Total Time
9k+
Thanks for the replies everyone. Does Chrysler still operate the Bus shuttle over to Europe? I think I remember hearing it was crewed by a German company.

Yes, Little Ceasars does or did have a plane. Don't know much about it though. My last NBAA guide is a few rears old, I'd love to get a hold of a new one if anyone has an extra.

What are considered the good jobs in Motown? Anyone have any first hand info?

Thanks again

F

fokkerjet

Run away from Detroit, don't walk

I'd stay away from any company automotive related, including the "Big 2"; DaimlerChrysler does not have a US flight department anymore; Pentastar, out at Pontiac (PTK) would be your best bet for non-freight flying in the area, they are not connected with DC, and the Ford that owns it is not tied into the Motor Company anymore. I believe Little Caesars uses Pentastar for crews on the GII (if they still have it???), the DC9-50 (Tiger's and Red Wing's) is operated by Guardian Ind. out of DTW, and they also fly their own DC9-30 (Piston's). ADI, also at PTK, own a F28-4000 on a 121 certificate; plus they do some management work so I'd stop in there too.

Last edited:

Raskal

big member, little pay
Total Time
*sigh*
I remember Little Caesers having a GII (I think) out of PTK, but I thought they sold it. Not sure if it was replaced or they're using charter/frac now.

I would definitely second the Pentastar gig, good company that is expanding in a lot of directions with little sign of slowing.

kingaira90

Total Time
Doesn't Pfizer have a hangar and A/c on the north side of YIP? Something like a DO-jet shuttle and something else? Also Dominos Pizza is based in Ann Arbor. One would think that they would have some sort of flying device. Hanz mortgage has a flight dept based at YIP (near ameristar), they fly citations and a beechjet. They fly for the company and do netjets/flight options pickup work too.-kingaira90

F

fokkerjet

kingaira90 said:
Doesn't Pfizer have a hangar and A/c on the north side of YIP? Something like a DO-jet shuttle and something else? Also Dominos Pizza is based in Ann Arbor. One would think that they would have some sort of flying device. Hanz mortgage has a flight dept based at YIP (near ameristar), they fly citations and a beechjet. They fly for the company and do netjets/flight options pickup work too.-kingaira90
The DO-jet is Johnson Controls, Pfizer is located at Battle Creek (I believe?).

kingaira90

Total Time
fokkerjet said:
The DO-jet is Johnson Controls, Pfizer is located at Battle Creek (I believe?).
Thats right it does say that at the entrance on E Course. For some reason I thought they were sharing the space with Pfizer. -kingaira90

Batfish

Total Time
Anyone know anything about Marlin Air. Based a YIP. I have been to their website, so I know thay have a saberliner and some citations. Anyone know about pay, qol, schedule? Thanks, Batfish

lookin'

Total Time
9k+
Yeah, I hear you about the motor companies. Scary things going on in that industry now a days.

Is Pentastar all 135 stuff, or do they manage/crew planes, or both? Do they hire into left seat? Pay?

Thanks again for all the responses.

Tug Driver

I can't keep a girlfriend
Total Time
9,000+
kingaira90 said:
Dominos has a Falcon at YIP

Pfizer flies an EMB135 ( i think) into YIP a couple times per day.

F

fokkerjet

lookin' said:
Is Pentastar all 135 stuff, or do they manage/crew planes, or both? Do they hire into left seat? Pay?
Both. I don't know about the left seat stuff; they probably do if they add a management gig somewhere. Pay is descent, from what I here.....no numbers.

Last edited: