• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Detroit Free Press writer wants to kill pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jeroom: it's at the bottom of the article in bold blue and underlined....

Last edited:
Actually, if you do get him on a flight, sending him off is not a good idea.......However, an announcement every 30 secs is.

A message to Mike

I hardly post on the board; however, I wanted to send a shot in the dark to and respond with a little humor. I hope this does not insult anyone on this board or my humor (or attempt) does not diminish this uneducated lad's inappropriate article:

:uzi: Dearest Mr. Rosenberg: Regarding your article in which you complain about pilot announcements: Lighten up Francis, er Mike! Perhaps the announcements are required. You may want to do a little research.

Each of us live with minor bumps in the road everyday...or in the air if you fly. No one likes paying taxes (but you won't see many draw the ire of the IRS). Some rules to live by: 1. Don't screw with the local Mafia boss. 2. Don't screw with your mechanic. 3. Don't screw with a policeman/firefighter. 4. Don't screw with your waitress or bartender. 5. Don't screw with the bus driver or pilot carrying your loved ones.

Number 4 is the rule I won't ever break; however, sometimes the priorities change for all of us depending on the situation.

Mike, I am sure you will be welcomed past any TSA Checkpoint at an airport near you.:smash:

Fair winds....V:D

jeroom;[B said:
1333922]Does anyone has this idiot email? I would like to let him know what I think of him. I would love to introduce to this azzhole my best friend "CrashAxe"...

The email is at the bottom of the original post.

I had to reply to this guy!!

Dear Mr Rosenberg;

I recently read your article, “Pilots, quit the gabbing and just fly”. I must say I don’t understand your position! As a professional pilot I’ve flown on thousands of flights, both as a pilot and as passenger. And I must say I’ve never heard such rubbish!! Do you think you are the only person on that airplane?? I know for a fact you don’t speak for the rest of the traveling public! On a daily basis I have passengers leaving my aircraft and thanking me and my crew for the great flight and the information that we share!

Some info is history, other items are gee-whiz stuff. On a recent flight into Seattle, Wa I pointed out some points of interest along the way, and some information about the flight and the airplane. Once on the ground in Seattle, I had between 30 and 40 people tell me that they enjoyed the flight and had learned a few new facts along the way. From the family on vacation to the businessman traveling to his meeting, everybody’s tastes are different. Just because you know everything already or maybe don’t care, there others around you that may still want to learn something.

On many flights, the flight attendant will ring us up front, hey, a passenger wants to know what that body of water is, or some other point of interest! Not to mention, our company encourages public announcements along the way as part of good public relations, something you and your newspaper know little about!!

I’ll bet you are the passenger who boards a flight, wearing your Bose headsets, flops down in the seat and opens a laptop computer. The flight attendant has to stop and tell you 2 or 3 times to turn the computer off and stow your headphones. I’ll bet you are the same person who is reading a newspaper or magazine while the flight attendants are giving their safety briefing. Let me guess, you’ve flown hundreds of times and know the briefing! Right?? Then as we are taxing out, you put the headphones back on pull your computer back out, totally disregarding the safety information and Federal Regulations.

Do I listen to the flight attendant briefings, you bet!! More as a courtesy and to set a positive example, maybe if another passenger noticed me put down my magazine until after the briefing, they will do the same. If you were ordering food at a restaurant, would you want the server looking at a magazine or talking on a cell phone will taking your order? Certainly not, I could see you Mr Rosenberg, complaining to the manager about this rude server.

For you to say, “I would wait until the plane lands before killing the pilot” is totally uncalled for and I’m further astounded that the Detroit Free Press printed such irresponsible trash!!

Mr Rosenberg, due the rest of us a favor, next time you want to write about something like this, just ask we’ll gladly tell you why we make the PA announcements. Also, the next time you need to travel, you should consider driving, maybe you should take Greyhound or Amtrack, I hear they don’t make those annoying announcements!!

Mr. Rosenberg,

Your article regarding pilot's and their babbling over the PA system is perhaps the sorriest excuse of journalism I have read in a long time. A rant regarding a 30 second PA that you just can't stand is beyond comprehension to me. There are 10,000 things I deal with in my life that bother me more than a PA on an airliner. Now, since you didn't bother to attempt to see the other side of the story, let me enlighten you. PA's are done as a courtesy to the passengers, and the flight attendants assuring safety in the cabin. If the captain tells those seated in the cabin that they will be flying through an area of turbulence, then it is important that you and the flight attendants remain seated with your seat belts fastened in order to avoid possible injury. If he points out something on the right side of the aircraft, look over and see how many people are looking, pointing, etc. (because they do). The pilots have hundreds of people besides you that they are responsible for, and believe it or not, they want the passengers to enjoy their flight as much as possible. I guess they should tailor the flight to you and your desires because you are a aecond rate journalist, and you think that the world revolves around you.

Apparently he doesn't know how easy it is to get on the TSAs' "No Fly List".
He definitely meets the minimum requirements, and the No Fly List check-in procedure will far surpass the inconvenience of listening to a pilot.

This is what I sent him:

Mr. Rosenberg,

Hey Dumbass, yeh you ! I'm the pilot you want to gardening shears to my larynx. I'm not sure how you get away with writing trash like that. Maybe you just don't have a life, next time do some research. Those announcements are required by law, and they are mostly for the idots like you that dont pay attention then get their neck cracked on the ceiling when stand up with the seatbelt sign on. Then professional pilots like me who made the annoncement and turned on the seat belt signed are responsible for your dumb actions.

By the way threating a pilots life is a federal offense. Also if you didnt know me and my fellow professional pilots carry guns in the cockpit for our protection. So next time your on my airplane be sure to come up to the front and introduce yourself.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Pilot !

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back