Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

watr1

Any ideas? (Other than Taco Bell.)
I've got about 1700 TT, 1000 multi. Expired CFI (didn't think I'd need that again...)
Looked at American Check Transport, but they just filled their remaining spots.

I know tons of you guys are on the street as well, but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Two ideas

Griff's Burger Bar and Good Times may be hiring. Sorry, I couldn't help it, but you opened the door by mentioning Taco Bell. :D

Mayo Aviation at Centennial might be a possibility. No idea if it is hiring, but you appear to have the quals. 135 time, if you have it, and you apparently do, will be a plus.

Hope that helps for now. I've been away for a while, but I'll put on my thinking cap and see if I can come up with some more ideas.

Good luck with your job search.

thanks

Bobbysamd..

Thanks very much for the reply - I'll give the burger joint and Mayo a shot! Really appreciate the help.
I've read a few of your posts...did you instruct at FSI or am I confusing you with someone else? I instructed there for a year or so (Air China.)

Take care,

watr1

I wish you luck at Mayo, but I tried there a couple of years ago with 1500 hours and jet air-ambulance experience and was told flat out that I didn't come close to what they were looking for experience wise- and that was when everyone was hiring.

You can also try another company on the field- can't remember the name for sure, but I think it's International Jet. They have a bunch of Lears for charter and also a little air-ambulence. I believe there is a charter company out of Jeffco with Citations and Kingairs, but I never even got the courtesy of a call or letter saying they weren't interested when I was looking hard two years ago.

Your best bet for a job may include moving or commuting, but I hope you are able to get on somewhere locally. I know I sure miss living in Denver, but not bad enough to commute.

If you don't mind me asking, what led to your current state of joblessness? If you have the 1900 type Lakes seems to make things fit if they can avoid a training cycle or two.

Edited to add: It has now occured to my tired mind that you might be at Lakes, looking to move on. In that case heed the example of Lot's wife and don't look back. Dozens of those junior are counting on you!

Last edited:
You can always try Jeppesen. They are located next to Centenial (KAPA). It's a desk job, but the people are nice.

You bet, and here's another idea

watr1 said:
Bobbysamd..

Thanks very much for the reply - I'll give the burger joint and Mayo a shot! Really appreciate the help.
I've read a few of your posts...did you instruct at FSI or am I confusing you with someone else? I instructed there for a year or so (Air China.)
Yes, I did instruct at FSI in 1991-92, primarily for the Alitalia program. I had a few self-funded CFI students and a self-funded Commercial single student as well.

You might also try Key Lime Air on the field. No idea if it's hiring. They fly Merlins (correction: Metros) and other equipment.

Although places may not be hiring, I'm a great believer in applying anyway. It's always worth a shot and you never know if you might walk in at the right time.

I, too, was going to suggest Lakes. It has a presence at DIA and its offices are up the road in Cheyenne. From what I understand that place has its pluses and minuses.

I had a chance to interview at Jepp several years ago, but it wouldn't have worked out because I was going to school full time. Jepp might be an idea. It's down the street from APA.

I'll keep cogitating and see if I can put up some more ideas for you.

Last edited:
thanks

Bobbysamd...thanks for all the info and for taking the time to reply. I truly appreciate it.

Cardinal...close guess, but I actually worked at CommutAir, they also fly 1900's, mainly upstate New York.

Again, thanks for all the help guys.

watr1

Point of clarification

cougar6903 said:
Bobbysamd,

Key Lime air is PFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, guys, I know that Key Lime Air is P-F-T!!!

I knew it before I suggested it to Watr1. I just figured that Watr1 with his quals could get on as a street captain or something. Just an idea.

Key Lime's FO program is blatant P-F-T.

As far as me getting old, yes, in a month I'll be 52. :( I already get AARP mail. Don't feel a day older than the rest of you guys.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back