DEN area CFI job/intel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

troy

Anyone know anything about DEN area CFI intel? I'm figuring that the student/instructor ration would be fairly low, but looking for the scoop.

Centennial (APA) is the apparently the second or third busiest Class D in the nation, with several schools. BJC is another good option. From what I hear though, the student loads are generally thinner now, than a few years ago. Good luck

I'm looking at Star west, don't know when to move, will go for the right job. I have heard that It's hard to live there for a CFI. I too, want to get back to the mountains!!

Most flight schools in Denver hire from within (the students are usually hired as instructors). There are definately oppertunities out here but your gonna have to do some leg work. Good luck!

Thanks, everyone.

The two flight schools at APA are Aspen and Flight Inc. The both have about 30 or more airplanes. Aspen is a very good and proffesional club. Nice planes and a good owner. I dont know much about Flight Inc. but they are owned by Key Lime air which has a cargo/charter operation with navajos, metros, and lears. You can also try Front Range airport. It is east of Denver but a friend of mine had very good success with getting a job and getting a good student load.

troy said:
I'm looking at Star west, don't know when to move, will go for the right job. I have heard that It's hard to live there for a CFI. I too, want to get back to the mountains!!
i freelance at starwest. the 172s are safe, but not much else. fine for private, commercial, CFI training. instrument training some of the planes have perpetually wonky nav radios. either that or i suck at tuning in the OBS. the arrow is very nice, and $50/hr cheaper than most in the area. the seminole is ugly but safe and inexpensive as well. the cadillac of the 172 fleet is having a 0-time engine put on it and will be a good instrument trainer when it hits the line.

front range is a LONG way from the city. it's tough to make a living here with the cost of living in this area. the other posters are spot-on. all the 141 schools hire their own grads and not many outsiders. all three were extremely rude to me for doing no more than expressing interest in teaching there. one particular school at BJC which starts with a "Mc" suddenly had time to talk to me when i told them i was considering getting my MEI there. i have student loans and i have to make enough money to pay the bills, so i've had to have a "real" job and try to teach on the side. i've been here for over a year and finally had to give up and take a job in another area. other instructors at starwest seem to do better than me. a couple of them go to metro and get students who are in aviation classes there.

shoot if you have more questions.

Latest resources

Back