• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta's interview test is changing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't worry, y'all, the new gouge will be posted a week after the change.

Ratio seems to be fairly equal. I interviewed on Nov 27th and it was an equal amount Civ/Mil. Many previous interview dates were the same. Classes vary slightly but seem to have a good representation of each.
As far as the test goes. THe principles and concepts of all the gouge still applies. Good study guides will be Mental math for pilots, Flying the wing, Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators, AIM, ATP written Book or CD. I can tell you as a previous Delta Employee with 16 years that Attitude is very important. If you get called for an interview your qualified to be there. They want good people that understand these concepts. Good luck to anyone looking to get on.

2 whole women WOW!!!!!

What does being a woman have to do with it? They're hiring pilots, not men or women. Get over it...no matter how you put it, it's not discrimination if you can't cut the mustard, tits or not

What if?

I posted this scenario on another script but what if Delta is faced with a guy who turned 60 on say the 10th of Nov. and now wants to come back, bottom of the list, even if he is an MD88 reserve F/O in JFK. If his work record has been exemplariey and he passes all the tests, what is to stop him from doing this and the possibility of an age discrimination suit is always real in todays culture? Any number of early out DAL pilots have joined other airlines like N. American, MaxJet, and Cargo 360, not to mention Skywest so this is not as far fetched as it may seem.

Keep your opinions civil as they may be used against you/us, later as more and more are finding out these days.

I, along with many others I'm sure, would like to hear about the newer test bank.

I'm putting together my reading list and find it hard to believe that all material listed in the Study Guide (http://www.airlineapps.com/documents_archive/Delta/Study_Guide_12_03_07.pdf) would be required. I would like to think a (as in one) comprehensive text on aerodynamics, turbine engines, and weather (along with FARs, AIM, etc) would suffice.

By the way, I wouldn't recommend Fundamentals of Aerodynamics by Anderson. It appears to be geared towards the engineers.

Thanks.

Ward

Latest resources

Back