Delta's interview test is changing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Timber

Just got this e-mail today. Looks like the gouge can't be relied on anymore...

Dear Pilot candidate,

On January 7, 2008 the Job Knowledge Test question bank will increase significantly. The process and grading will remain the same but the large bank of questions available for random selection will negate the effectiveness of memorizing answers. The best way to prepare for the revised test is to understand the concepts, terms and procedures from which the answers can be derived.

To assist in preparing for the Job Knowledge Test, Delta Pilot Selection has published a study guide in PDF format which may be accessed through Airlineapps.com. A link to this guide is published below.

http://www.airlineapps.com/documents_archive/Delta/Study_Guide_12_03_07.pdf

The Delta Pilot Selection Team

Oh no. I don't have a chance now.

Sounds as though way too many people fell through the cracks.

Northwest used to have a general knowledge type test, but they dropped it about 7 years ago I believe.

Everyone taking the test had the gouge, and someone in HR probably wised up to the fact that there was no way that 95% of the pilot applicants tested just happened to know that a "woomera" was an Indigenous Australian spear-throwing tool. (I kid you not- it was one of the questions)

Oh well, remember the mantra:

"Live by the gouge, Die by the gouge..."

The trick is... attitude. That is the one thing that airlines or companies cannot control. If a guy has been flying for 10 years, with one or none checkride failures, the only question is culture compatability and attitude. He can fly the NAS. Any training can and should be provided. SWA gets it.

From the Delta study guide:

Understanding Mathematics for Aircraft Navigation, James Wolper

You mean they want pilots to understand MATH?!? Impossible. 5 out of 4 pilots are lysdexic.

Seriously, I'm surprised to see that Fly the Wing and Handling the Big Jets aren't mentioned. Both are great references and easier reading than Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators.

Latest resources

Back