• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta's EVP of HR, from Anti-Pilot Union-Busting Law Firm Ford & Harrison

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA has divided us....WE aren't on the same team...

It takes at least two. Let me guess. You always played fair. Its the other guys fault. :rolleyes:

One only has to look at the NWA/DAL and AAA/AWA properties to see that....It obvious to everyone but you cheerleaders.....

You don't speak for me. You don't speak for anyone. And you failed when you were S/T meaning you can't speak for pilots even when elected..

Big problems... quite obvious to me... but I am willing to help out.... not be a hater and divider.

I take no glee in this as it will affect us negatively here at ASA also....I understand the concept of a rising tide.....We aren't rising and it will hurt ALL of us....

Sorry Joe. You live for this hate and watching ALPA fail. It is your hobby. Hating ALPA is what you do.. for if you had no one to hate then you'd have to hate yourself....

Like my CMR friend said....This is like watching a snake eat a rat....It is repulsive...but you can't help but watch.....

You have freinds? You probably have a following cause you to talk big against ALPA and spew your hate. All bark and no bite.

Take off the pom-poms and look around......We have done far more harm than Ford & Harrison......

If I were you I'd bill F&H... at least get paid for being a union busting tool. You do more for them than they could do themselves. You are the inside man they never had to infiltrate the organization with...

With your drivel about how to use ALPA-PAC envelopes and change dues check off... you are the complete union busting tool... and you do it for free...

One of the best books I ever read. Allows you to see right through management negotiating tactics, especially the ones orchestrated by ford and harrison, who have done not one original thing in 25 years.

Well worth the purchase. Buy Hard Landing at the same time.

Thanks for posting the link...I wasn't finding it on Amazon the other day for some reason.
Everyone needs to know who the enemy really is and how they operate. (ATTENTION DL guys)!:smash:

The mature and professional way to complain is present the problem and the solution. At a minimum one should say.. We've got problems, I don't the fix but I am ready to help out...

Rez,

I am a former Delta F/O who resigned after 22 years in the "business" to attend law school.

In an effort to help-out my former colleagues, I have offered to volunteer my fledgling legal "skills" to ALPA as an inactive member, but never received even a phone call in return.

My experience has been that ALPA insiders tend to foreclose those who offer help in an effort to preserve the clubby nature of "their" association. As such, I'm not buying the hackneyed, "You don't have a right to complain if you aren't involved in the union" rhetoric.

Perhaps it would be in ALPA's best interest to seek-out and embrace some dissenting opinion. It might thus better formulate strategies to serve its membership, and not merely the organization itself.

Best,

Felix

When gas gets even higher this summer, and people radically cut their travel, and the DL pilots continue to be taken in by every trick from the "CONFESSIONS OF A UNION BUSTER" handbook, and when by January (the month that your alleged new union busting contract starts) the new (even worse) economy will deem it null & void...that'll be okay, because even though you'll see none of it, you consorted with greedy CEOs (who will be long gone soon) to ensure that the mass furloughs will occur via the NWA guys you did INDEED "throw under the bus."
Your pilot group will be looked on accordingly in the industry an ALL that comes with that rep, I assure you.
Ford & Harrison has made a decades old career of outwitting the naive in the pilot ranks, and you fell for it in such a textbook way. Sad.
As for ALPA NATIONAL: You should be ashamed of all that you have allowed to occur, and I'm betting the USAPA is just the beginning of your troubles if you don't IMMEDIATELY deny the actions of the DL MEC. This industry has been infected by ills that ALPA, with all their resources and access to lobbyists has ignored! THAT is why your end is near unless you ACT NOW!
I have all the respect in the world for the NWA guys who have seen this happen again and again, and KNOW what is coming. SUUUURE you're getting a raise and "equity stake" (nevermind the market dumps on this deal, or the RECESSION, or the GAS prices still skyrocketing, and people who won't be buying (the newly raised in a recession) tickets.
Hello????? NWA guys are willing to stand their ground to protect SENIORITY that we all hold dear as pilots in EVERY part of the industry!
NOW do you get why seniority is all that matters???
Oh yeah, no...you don't...because you are STEALING from a perfectly stand alone carrier's account and stealing (in the name of "merger") a pilot group that you only want to pad the bottom when they DO INDEED furlough.
Thanks, Delta MEC for helping to aid in the ills of this industry, and greatly limiting all pilot's options to join the majors for a LEGITIMATE career with legitimate seniority.
Argh...vent done...thought my company was the worst, but this takes the cake. No wonder people are leaving the industry in droves...

Sorry for quoting myself...just wondering if anything has come from ALPA National (any kind of statement, press release, etc) about where they stand as to what transpired with DL w/mgt against NWA guys? Considering the message they got today, they better start standing for something????

I feel sorry for Delta, Jet Blue or anybody else who has gone up against Ford and Harrison. That law firm knows it's way around the railway labor act and can run rings around ALPA's on staff attorney's. If you have pilots negotiating against Fand H you are screwed before you enter the room. Get professional negotiators (lawyers and beancounters). Fand H will take what is black and white and make it grey. They know the years it takes to get resolution from a grievance is money in the pocket of corporate at the expense of the pilots.

Best of luck Delta.

I feel sorry for Delta, Jet Blue or anybody else who has gone up against Ford and Harrison. That law firm knows it's way around the railway labor act and can run rings around ALPA's on staff attorney's. If you have pilots negotiating against Fand H you are screwed before you enter the room. Get professional negotiators (lawyers and beancounters). Fand H will take what is black and white and make it grey. They know the years it takes to get resolution from a grievance is money in the pocket of corporate at the expense of the pilots.

Best of luck Delta.

It's a sick company! Get the word out that Mike Campbell from F & H is likely running this whole DL/NWA show like he's a puppet master! Don't let this horrible co. win!

Yet ANOTHER F & H in the mix (one of hundreds, likely)

(article likely fed from F & H solutions guy mentioned in in...more using the press to alter public perception. Nice teamwork!)

www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-wed_airlinesapr16,0,1568445.story
chicagotribune.com

Pay dividing pilots at Delta, Northwest

By Julie Johnsson
Tribune Reporter
April 16, 2008

Pilots of Delta Air Lines Inc. and Northwest Airlines Corp. face very different financial prospects as the two carriers merge to form the world's largest airline, a disparity that could fuel labor battles between the two groups.

Delta pilots, who support the deal announced Monday, stand to gain a 17 percent increase in pay over the next four years, a 3.5 percent equity stake in the merged carrier, a higher contribution to their 401(k)-like pension plan and a guarantee none in their ranks will be furloughed for two years after the deal closes.

The gains, which result from a new contract hammered out by Delta's pilots and management over the weekend, were spelled out in a letter Monday from Lee Moak, the head of Delta's pilots union, to his members.

They are expected to form a template for concessions to be sought by pilots at United Airlines and Continental Airlines as their companies explore a tie-up, analysts said.

Northwest pilots aren't guaranteed a share of the largesse, however. That is punishment, union leaders claim in a letter Monday to rank-and-file members, for their unwillingness to support the deal or agree to terms that Northwest pilots felt would have given their Delta counterparts preferential treatment.

"No pilot group is going to put up with this," wrote Dave Stevens, head of the Northwest pilots union.

The two pilot groups likely are headed for arbitration to resolve differences over seniority, the pecking order that determines the planes pilots fly, their pay and their work conditions, said Jerry Glass, president of F&H Solutions Group, a human resources and management consulting firm based in Washington, D.C.

That's something the unions had sought to avoid, after arbitration led to a bitter split among pilots at US Airways, which still is struggling to integrate work groups more than two years after it merged with America West.

United and Continental pilots unions, meanwhile, on Tuesday demanded a say in any merger talks between the companies. One analyst predicted a smoother integration process for United and Continental since their pilots groups match up comparatively well. Most pilots at Chicago-based United are in the middle of their careers, while their Continental peers tend to be clustered at the beginning or end of their careers.

"Look at how long the Delta-Northwest pilots threw rocks at each other on the seniority issue," said Julius Maldutis, a New York-based airline analyst. "This could be quite different."

Investors panned Delta's long-in-the-works deal with Northwest, sending shares of both companies down sharply on Tuesday on disappointment that the deal may not yield as much in cost savings or higher revenue as Wall Street expected.

If Delta and Northwest are going to complete their combination, they also will have politicians to placate and antitrust regulators to convince. Delta and Northwest executives said they are aiming to close their deal by the end of this year, which would be before the end of the merger-friendly Bush administration.

Shares of both companies fell Tuesday, reducing the deal's value of Northwest to $3.3 billion. Northwest lost 94 cents, or 8.4 percent, to $10.28; Delta slipped $1.32, or 12.6 percent, to $9.16.

Meanwhile, Glenn Tilton, chairman and chief executive of United Airlines parent UAL Corp., said the carrier will participate in the industry's merger activity "when and if it is the right choice."

Tilton made the comments in a message to workers Tuesday in response to the Delta-Northwest tie-up, which is seen by many observers as setting the stage for a possible United-Continental combination. Tilton noted that he has "long advocated that the U.S. airline industry would benefit from consolidation."

Consolidation will help domestic airlines compete against the growing number of foreign carriers serving the U.S., Tilton said. The one-two punch of soaring fuel costs and a weakening economy are accelerating the need for a different approach, he maintained.

Tribune reporter James P. Miller and Tribune wires contributed to this report.

[email protected]

Copyright © 2008, Chicago Tribune

info from another thrad very applicable to this one/for future search & info

There are two big "labor relations" (aka, union-busting) firms that serve the airline industry:
Ford & Harrison, and Baker & Hostetler.
F & H is the most common, but both are filled with Lorenzo-era attorneys that have made an entire career of busting airline labor. The fact that they're making life difficult for the fractional pilots now too doesn't surprise me. Not enough to rape the airline guys, I guess. Gotta expand their horizons. :rolleyes: May they all rot in hell.

http://www.martindale.com/Ford-Harrison-LLP/law-firm-111730-offices.htm (F&H seems to have offices covering airline HQs well)

http://www.bakerlaw.com/AboutUs.aspx?Abs_WP_ID=56b84b31-3f37-41eb-8960-e42b349976f6

And don't forget my all time favorite Seham,Seham and Smeltz.
PHXFLYR

(ed-- Seham, Seham, Meltz & Peterson, LLP http://www.ssmplaw.com/ )

Hope everyone is memorizing these names (and initials in the case of "F & H Solutions") and checking your corporate bios (HR especially). They won't necessarily list them, but often do.

Latest resources

Back