• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta's domestic reductions.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't forget that the dollar is backed by oil for all intents and purposes, so, when the dollar recovers sometime down the road, the price of oil will decline. So, yes, the bubble will pop.

Could not agree more. Oil producers sell their product in dollars. Every time the dollar falls against the Euro, oil prices go up. When the dollar gains it's value around the world, then the price of oil will go down. Until that happens, we are screwed.

Could not agree more. Oil producers sell their product in dollars. Every time the dollar falls against the Euro, oil prices go up. When the dollar gains it's value around the world, then the price of oil will go down. Until that happens, we are screwed.

Analysts are stating the oil market is being driven by speculators. Hopefully that will change soon. We've seen a slight decline, hopefully we'll see a bigger one.

Trojan

If you think Exxon making several billion dollars profit in one quarter is obscene now, just wait.
Yes, but if you are right, Exxon is literally in liquidation as we ponder the question.

You are right, there is a big oil bubble, the price of oil will be down to 60 dollars a barrel in no time.

So you all seem to know for a sure that the dollar will get stronger. Can you give me those dates so I know when to invest in the dollar. Also, can you give me the date of the bubble burst so I can bet against oil?

You don't know anything.

Analysts are stating the oil market is being driven by speculators. Hopefully that will change soon. We've seen a slight decline, hopefully we'll see a bigger one.

Trojan

True story. People out to make a quick buck like all the people who got into the house flipping frenzy. Look at where that kind of loan insanity got us.

MW
ASU Sun Devil

You are right, there is a big oil bubble, the price of oil will be down to 60 dollars a barrel in no time.

Never said that; we may see $80/bbl but thats where I see the absolute bottom being.

Oil will, inevitably, go upward of $200/bbl.

That said, I do not think it will go that high in the near future without a major terrorist attack on our nation's oil and/or financial infrastructure, or full-fledged shooting war with Iran.

Oil is high not because of a lack of immediate supply, its because of speculators betting on geopolitical unrest and the weakness of the currency that oil is traded in. Of course demand in China and India and Russia has driven up price, but supply-and-demand fundamentals DO NOT support anywhere near the current price per barrel.

And Smarta$$ I can't give you dates but all you have to do is look at, oh, the last 50 years or so of history. Things will never be the way they were but this, as everything else has, will pass.

I may not know anything, and I only have a degree in aviation, but I can watch Bloomberg and read the WSJ and figure out what is really going on. If this schumck can do that, anybody can...

Latest resources

Back