• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Will Hit $18 In 9 To 12 Months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cash as of end of 3rd quarter (September 30th) - $3.26B. Forecast earnings for 4th quarter - $297M as of December 11th. Granted this is a simplification but in order to end the year with $5.3B they would need to earn/generate $2.04B in 3 months and a normally slow 3 at that (as compared to the previous 6).

Last year Delta made an adjusted $1.4 billion profit overall, but also paid down $2 billion in debt last year alone. That article also stated:

Delta also will generate $1.5 billion in free cash flow for the year.

So, regardless how they do it, it's been a pretty good year despite the 1st Quarter with the Japan Earthquake and Tsunami.

Didn't Redflyer bet that Delta wouldn't have an overall profit for the year after the 1st Quarter loss came out? I think he did........ Eat some crow buddy!

Godspeed!

The OYSter

The number you need to remember is the $120 million you LOST last quarter
OYS I know you and 95% of the people on this forum don't understand hedging so I will keep this short.
SWA did not loose 120 mil. According to GAAP SW had to report the new value of the assets at close of that quarter. The heges (which SWA still has) are worth less than when purchased so that shows as a decrease in asset value. SWA has not sold that asset. Say we go to war with IRAN next week and oil goes to 210.00 a barrel. That would be an increase in that asset and for the close of the quarter SWA would show a gain of a few hundred million. It is only a loss when sold at a price less than purchased. SWA didn't sell them. Hope this helps you understand so in the future you can make better informed posts.

Alaska is over $76.00/share. Who's buying who?

Ever hear of a stock swap? You'll still be junior wherever you end up, even with your high stock price. We'll both be reserves in DTW.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Last edited:
OYS I know you and 95% of the people on this forum don't understand hedging so I will keep this short.
SWA did not loose 120 mil. According to GAAP SW had to report the new value of the assets at close of that quarter. The heges (which SWA still has) are worth less than when purchased so that shows as a decrease in asset value. SWA has not sold that asset. Say we go to war with IRAN next week and oil goes to 210.00 a barrel. That would be an increase in that asset and for the close of the quarter SWA would show a gain of a few hundred million. It is only a loss when sold at a price less than purchased. SWA didn't sell them. Hope this helps you understand so in the future you can make better informed posts.

Keep trying to make a positive out of a negative. It was a bad quarter for you, and great for the legacies. Everyone else except you and AA did great, during the normally best quarter of the year. 95% of everyone out there understands that. Keep that spin going, your Q3 wasn't great.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

I wasn't trying to do anything except give you some info. However, if you want to talk about negatives lets talk about the past 40 DAL quarters. How many billions in losses are we talking about here?

I wasn't trying to do anything except give you some info. However, if you want to talk about negatives lets talk about the past 40 DAL quarters. How many billions in losses are we talking about here?

This is a fluid industry, things change. DL's bad quarters of the last decade could be YOUR bad quarters coming up in the future. That could very much be reality if you continue playing those dumb People's Court commercials. Things like bag fees have changed this industry, and even your Airtran unit does it. Just get over the fact that you had a bad quarter and things are a changing. Let's hope your culture heals after that SLI screw up, and you guys can move on towards profitability. Good luck.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Latest resources

Back