• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Will Hit $18 In 9 To 12 Months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OYS everyone, (EVERYONE!!!!) wants DAL,UAL AA and LCC to have many great quarters. I truely want DAL to make billions. I don't care if you make it by charging bags, giving foot massages or flying people from point A to B. The point is the more you make the sooner you can get pilot pay back up to where it needs to be. All major airline Cpts should be making 250K plus. Wide body should be 300K plus. So I wish you luck and many good quarters to come.

OYS everyone, (EVERYONE!!!!) wants DAL,UAL AA and LCC to have many great quarters. I truely want DAL to make billions. I don't care if you make it by charging bags, giving foot massages or flying people from point A to B. The point is the more you make the sooner you can get pilot pay back up to where it needs to be. All major airline Cpts should be making 250K plus. Wide body should be 300K plus. So I wish you luck and many good quarters to come.

Thanks man, I like the encouragement. You sound like my 4 dads. (Mom liked to drink, a lot)

Happy Holidays!

Godspeed!

The OYSter

OYS I know you and 95% of the people on this forum don't understand hedging so I will keep this short.
SWA did not loose 120 mil. According to GAAP SW had to report the new value of the assets at close of that quarter. The heges (which SWA still has) are worth less than when purchased so that shows as a decrease in asset value. SWA has not sold that asset. Say we go to war with IRAN next week and oil goes to 210.00 a barrel. That would be an increase in that asset and for the close of the quarter SWA would show a gain of a few hundred million. It is only a loss when sold at a price less than purchased. SWA didn't sell them. Hope this helps you understand so in the future you can make better informed posts.

N1at-

I've already pointed this out to OYS (and others) several times. He actually knows this, but just plays stupid so he can throw out this "tidbit" whenever he needs to say something negative about SWA. He really does need to get some new material.

At least, I THINK he's just playing stupid....

Bubba

Latest resources

Back