Delta vote Yes or No

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DL_Infidel said:
Or...what on earth are the other 70% thinking? We all have our reasons for the way we're voting.
Yikes !! Good luck, Junior...

The guys I've spoken with would prefer to give pay cuts only once. They feel they'll be in front of a bk judge shortly anyway, so take the cuts then. In theory it sounds better than what US Air has seen. They gave til it hurt, and then got more taken involuntarily.

They admit that they seem to be a minority, and expect the TA to pass.

[QUOTE = MetroSheriff]

Some folks live in reality....and some don't.

The sad reality is that a failure to pass this TA would result in an almost immediate filing of Chap 11. This would give a corporate-friendly federal judge an opportunity to use the lack of willingness on the part of the organized labor group to help the save the company, as an excuse to crucify them without wood or nails.

My guess is that is what the 70% are thinking.

There is NO guaranteee that with the passage of this TA, that DAL will stay out of Bankruptcy. You CAN'T stop management from filing for Bankruptcy! For all we know, management could be filing for Bankruptcy right now.

This TA will certainly pass. 70% yes/30% no vote.

I give the company 6 - 12 months from now, before they file for CHAP 11. Then management will demand from a Bankruptcy Judge the same work rules/conditions/payrates that are currently on the property at USAir.

Some folks live in reality....and some don't

av8n said:
I give the company 6 - 12 months from now, before they file for CHAP 11. Then management will demand from a Bankruptcy Judge the same work rules/conditions/payrates that are currently on the property at USAir.

Some folks live in reality....and some don't
No doubt. This TA will only hold off bankruptcy for the immediate future. I still don't see any of the changes the GG is making resulting in a return to profitability any time soon. The sad fact is that it is not a profitable business model:

$149.00 tickets * $50.00 a barrell oil = Chapter 11

This is regardless of employee compensation.

Unfortunately the MBA-tards running the airlines haven't yet figured out that they would be losing money if the pilots worked for free.

When all the network carriers pilot compensation packages are equal to SWA, JetBlue, AirTran, I wonder what excuse they will use for their inability to turn a profit.

I agree with Metrosherriff:

BK will merely be postponed by a new "give back" agreement. As long as incompetent management is being subsidized by the government through CH.11 you have basically signed off on a 2-step reduction in pay and benefits, which could put you at a lower net income than with a 1-step judge imposed CH 11. ruling.

What am I missing?

ultrarunner said:
Retiring early. They couldn't give a $hit. IMHO.
ultra,

I can assure you that we early-retirees have a very serious interest in whether this thing goes to BK or not ( we've got less time and opportunity to recover from it than you do ). We still get a check every month and that is at risk big time in a BK. The lump sum is just a big number...not a lifetime supply of money. We are practising damage control like everyone else at this point. We're YOU about 20 years from now and those years will pass a lot faster than you imagine...trust me. Like the EAL guys used to tell us: "...goes around...comes around."

Anyone who thinks letting it go to BK is a viable option should talk to some USAir guys and get their point of view.

As life altering as this all is, it's hard to give much thought to anyone else's situation but we're all in the same boat.

I agree. (Nice avatar, by the way! ;-)

If you think we're going to get a "better deal" by voting down the TA, you're simply fooling yourself. John Malone himself said that. If you don't trust John, well, he seemed to be pretty trustworthy in the C2K dealings...he's proven himself as far as I'm concerned.

As he put it, "...if you vote this TA down in the hopes of a "better deal", I don't see it happening. We'll be in bankrupcy immediately. It's quite a roll of the dice..."

You can theorize about future bankrupcy til you're blue in the face. The grim reality is that nobody knows whether we'll be in BK in the future or not. We DO know, however, that, absent this TA, we were headed to bankrupcy. I don't want some judge dictating my pay rates and work rules NOW, nevermind later. This TA is a tough pill to swallow, but as I've heard it said, "pass me a glass of water." It's what needs to happen to avoid the inevitable. What happens in the future is yet another bridge to cross.

I expect this TA to pass, and will go out on a limb and say it'll be closer to 80%, if not more.

Deadline?

Today is the deadline for the votes I believe. Anyone know when the results will be public and what the effective date is?? Thanks. TIm.

Tim47SIP said:
Today is the deadline for the votes I believe. Anyone know when the results will be public and what the effective date is?? Thanks. TIm.
Tim,
Vote ends Thr. 11/11. Effective date 12/1 if ratified.

Latest resources

Back