Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xkuzme1

As previously briefed!
Just wondering... if someone were hired today, How long would it take them to (Captain) upgrade to on 717, 767? I know that this is a nearly impossible thing to forecast. But given the most basic set of data (retirements) and a new hire seniority number.

Thanks

X

Just wondering... if someone were hired today, How long would it take them to (Captain) upgrade to on 717, 767? I know that this is a nearly impossible thing to forecast. But given the most basic set of data (retirements) and a new hire seniority number.

Thanks

X

With 5000 yet to retire and the last bid having an FO with a seniority number close to 10,200 out of 12,500 getting a NYC 717 Captain bid, I'd guess 5-6 years? The 717 and MD88 seem to be the junior Capt bids, especially in NYC. As far as 767 (ER, which is both the 757 and 767-300), that would take a lot longer. The 320 and 737 would take a couple more to a few more years over the 717 and MD88. Those are the fleets with the most junior Captains.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Can I get ATL right away? I also want to be on the 777.

Yes, you can lav dump 777s right away in ATL. Wear your face guard unless you want blue and brown teeth. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Yes, you can lav dump 777s right away in ATL. Wear your face guard unless you want blue and brown teeth. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Then you'll be out of a job. Oh well, it is the season of giving?
Always such a tool all year long.
Merry Christmas
;)

Thanks

X

767: The most junior NYC Capt in June 2015 on the 757/767 is around sen# 6000. To attain that via pure retirements for a new hire will take ten years.

That is the 757/767. For the 767-400, a pure wide body category, the plug is in the 2800 seniority number range. That will take another 6-9 years.

Add in growth and those numbers go down, add in more Joint Venture outsourcing and it goes up. Who knows what will happen!

Making that via pure retirements will take about

717 is going quite junior in NYC - I'd anticipate that to settle in around the 4-year mark by summer.

What does 10,200 translate to hire date wise?

Mid 2007. But, I'm not sure that tells what a person might need/want to know about the future movement considering the huge number of age outs ahead starting about now.

Moral to the story: GET ON NOW !!

Latest resources

Back