• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta travel priviledges

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
will use any canceled flights for lack of crew during performance evaluation of the contract you are flying for them.
Meh, they're all the same. And in case you haven't noticed, the pool of people willing to do this job for crap wages is diminishing, thanks to a crappy economy and banks being tough on giving flight loans.

Ummmm, ever heard of ready reserves sweet cheeks?
For many regionals, it is cheaper to understaff and take the occasional performance penalty ($) hit from the mainline.

Delta is preparing to cut DCI flight benefits. I do not know the exact details, but those on the ASA/Skywest/expressJet side may notice the new ZED agreements they're trying to get. Take note on that; there's areas on coming down the road...

even with the pass charge they get from us just over $200 yearly? that's a lot of dough multiplied out by what, 12-15,000 employees?

Delta is preparing to cut DCI flight benefits. I do not know the exact details, but those on the ASA/Skywest/expressJet side may notice the new ZED agreements they're trying to get. Take note on that; there's areas on coming down the road...

I doubt it. First, the only worse the DCIs could get is below buddy passes, or losing them altogether. Second, I see a huge withdrawal of services if that happens. I was at a DCI carrier when they lost S3 priority and it wasn't pretty. Many of those employees (not just pilots!) only work there for the passes. DAL will have a hard time feeding those wide bodies since DCI carries 50% of domestic feed, when the regionals shut down because half their employees walked. Not to mention how many DCI pilots rely on pass benefits to commute and cover DAL flights. DAL knows they can only push them so far.

And how many do FA do you think will quit if what you say is true. Lets not forget that most of the FA are only working at the regionals because of the travel benefits. You thought regionals have problems finding FA now.

Years? I just saw a 2010 hire listed as retiree go in front of a Comair guy who was hired in the 80's today.

That '2010 retiree' was actually the parent of an employee hired in 2010. Delta parents generally travel on a S3B priority with the employee's hire date. Hope that clarifies it for you.

Last edited:
I just heard of an extreme example, that nevertheless shows the absurdity of the priority system. (I'm not sure if it's true, but I'm passing along what I heard). My (DCI) FO was trying to nonrev to work, and recognized two pot-smoking twenty-something losers who were also trying to nonrev at the gate. They happened to be the sons of a family friend. This friend had once worked for Northeast Airlines in the 1970's, for six years as a FA. She also was on medical disability for 4 years, making her 10-year total employment qualify for lifetime retiree benefits. Northeast merged into Republic (the original one), which merged into Northwest, which merged into Delta. The two pot-smoker losers got on before my FO.

At least part of what you heard is incorrect. Northeast did not merge with the original Republic. They merged with mainline Delta (actually, back in those days there wasn't anything other than "mainline"). Northeast (original one) ceased to exist in 1972.

Kinda curious about the twenty-something pot smokers. Are you saying that all twenty-somethings are pot smokers, or were they smoking pot while waiting for their flight?

Kinda curious about the twenty-something pot smokers. Are you saying that all twenty-somethings are pot smokers, or were they smoking pot while waiting for their flight?

Generally speaking, cannabis users have distinguishing characteristics that are hard to miss (for me, at least).

Comair was the one that got really screwed on the deal.... Oh never mind Comair got screwed a lot more than that :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back