• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta training - wait time or quick?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After that you will have a two to three day observation trip from the Jump seat and then at least 40 hrs of IOE.

Wow, In 4 121 airlines I have never seen any with these requirements. On the 747 we did 50 hours IOE but that was because they required both an Atlantic and a Pacific crossing during IOE.

Three full days in a jumpseat!!! My butt hurts just thinking about it!!:eek:

The instituted it when the recalls came back due to the fact that many had not flown in five years.

You are considered local if you live within 75 miles of ATL. That can be negotiated but that is the blind number.

Indoc is two weeks, Delta pays for hotel and you get $2750 a month for pay (throughout training).
What is fulough pay though - you'll spend a lot more time furloughed than you will at training.
Training is about a month I suppose, but you pay for your own lodging after the first two weeks. If you train again within the first year (if you bid and get something), Delta pays for lodging etc.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So this plan is going to be better than Song?

Indoc is two weeks, Delta pays for hotel and you get $2750 a month for pay (throughout training).

Training is about a month I suppose, but you pay for your own lodging after the first two weeks. If you train again within the first year (if you bid and get something), Delta pays for lodging etc.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So you pay for your own hotel beyond indoc? And what about if you bid new equipment after the first year? Is the hotel not covered in that case? Not flaming-- I have friends who may be trying to head your way...

Started class 90 days ago and still have not touched the controls...start IOE this week though, slow going so far at Delta. I will take the extended vacation while I can get it even though the training pay is pretty painful for 3-4 months:)

The instituted it when the recalls came back due to the fact that many had not flown in five years.

No they didn't.

It has always been 40 hours for your first control seat at Delta. Any recall that got 40 hours IOE got furloughed off the 727 panel or simply needed it but the 40 hour requirement dates well before. I got 18 hours IOE when I got recalled (to a plane I'd never flown before). I got 40 hours when I went from the panel to the 88 for the first time. Same holds true with the observation jumpseat. It's a control seat thing. Never had to do it on the panel but had to do it when I went to the 88 first time around.

Additional IOE is not a bad thing. Sure beats the airlines where you barely get 4 legs, then get paired up with a Captain with 100 hours in the airplane.

Jo - What airplane you get?

Additional IOE is not a bad thing. Sure beats the airlines where you barely get 4 legs, then get paired up with a Captain with 100 hours in the airplane.

Jo - What airplane you get?

Did you get hired at Delta FINS? If you did, good for you. What plane did you get too?

Latest resources

Back