Delta training - wait time or quick?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dr Pepper

How quickly are folks starting training for aircraft after indoc? I can't imagine much of backlog in training.

How long is indoc? How long is training?

How quickly are folks starting training for aircraft after indoc? I can't imagine much of backlog in training.

Double post, see below.

Last edited:

Indoc is two weeks, Delta pays for hotel and you get $2750 a month for pay (throughout training).

Training is about a month I suppose, but you pay for your own lodging after the first two weeks. If you train again within the first year (if you bid and get something), Delta pays for lodging etc.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Question, How long after the interview did the call for the class date come?

Thanks

Slinky

Slinky,
I interviewed late May and got the call on 16 June for 16 July as well.

So, anyone know if folks are flowing into class immediately after indoc or waiting weeks to month(s)?

The senior ones will start within a week. The junior ones have been waiting three to five weeks to start aircraft specific training. Training is about 34 days start to finish plus the two weeks of indoc.
After that you will have a two to three day observation trip from the Jump seat and then at least 40 hrs of IOE. Basically two to three months of training pay. You do not guarantee until you have passed your IOE line check.

I appreciate the info. It is only two weeks from my interview but some of the guys I interviewed with, and myself, are wondering when the word will come down. It sounds like most guys are taking about three weeks to a month to hear about class dates. Is this a correct statement?

Thanks alot.

Slinky

Slinky:

From my unofficial survey you are correct. Three to Four weeks, although things are speeding up with 50 per month getting on board.

Two weeks for the "cleared for training." Then another week and a half beyond that for the class date seems to be average.

Congratulations.

General mentioned hotels for new hires, but they do not do that if you are "local" do they? With Atlanta traffic anyone on the North side probably needs a hotel regardless of who pays for it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back