• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to trim capacity further

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok general. Where do I even begin to reply to your answer. First off, the SWA/AAI merger was "previously announced" nine months ago but I'm sure you've posted not less than 1000 posts on the topic. Isn't that kind of the pot calling the kettle black. Secondly your description of the reduction in deltas schedule is comedic at best. Any where from 3-9% reduction in the schedule is pretty large. Whether they park airplanes or not is meaningless. Reducing the schedule is reducing the schedule. Any way. You have serious issues with your obsession with SWA. I guess when they turned you down you've never gotten over it. Anyway. Have a GREAT day. Your going to need it.

Ok general. Where do I even begin to reply to your answer. First off, the SWA/AAI merger was "previously announced" nine months ago but I'm sure you've posted not less than 1000 posts on the topic. Isn't that kind of the pot calling the kettle black. Secondly your description of the reduction in deltas schedule is comedic at best. Any where from 3-9% reduction in the schedule is pretty large. Whether they park airplanes or not is meaningless. Reducing the schedule is reducing the schedule. Any way. You have serious issues with your obsession with SWA. I guess when they turned you down you've never gotten over it. Anyway. Have a GREAT day. Your going to need it.

Wow, you sound smart.... I think I'll chime in on this one. Reducing your schedule (to one place--Europe) is reducing the schedule. You can't put those planes anywhere else? Having different sized planes, something you will have soon with AAI, means you can interchange them on routes, and thus increase or decrease capacity, which is exactly what will be happening on most of those European routes. GL was right, an A330 to a 767 means less seats. But, that A330 doesn't have to get parked, it can replace a 767 to Sao Paulo. These things are complicated, and you may need to read this a few more times. Anyway, have a great day in Texas, and you're (not YOUR like above) going to enjoy your merger.

OYS

Last edited:
Easily....companies may be within each other on price point. But, one only needs to look at the balance sheets to see who will win in the future.

In other words: sure American is matching fares, but they are losing money doing it. Losing money is not sustainable in the long term.

Um, I'm not sure where you've been the last 10 years, but American has been losing money for at least that long. And guess what? They're still here!

oys, I'll fly 10 legs a day on and out of LBB all day long because A, I like to fly and B, the money they pay me is grea even though I haven't flown 6 legs in one day in ever five years. I LUV being within 2 time zones everywhere I fly. I did long haul for 22 years and it's the most boring job I ever had. You can have it. I'll keep my 300k per year and you can keep hoping you have a job at the bottom of the seniority list. Good luck too ya and have a GREAT day keeping yourself up On Gl's SiX!!!

oys, I'll fly 10 legs a day on and out of LBB all day long because A, I like to fly and B, the money they pay me is grea even though I haven't flown 6 legs in one day in ever five years. I LUV being within 2 time zones everywhere I fly. I did long haul for 22 years and it's the most boring job I ever had. You can have it. I'll keep my 300k per year and you can keep hoping you have a job at the bottom of the seniority list. Good luck too ya and have a GREAT day keeping yourself up On Gl's SiX!!!

First of all, I dont fly longhaul now, but I have flown all over in the Military, and after a furlough when flying corporate. Right now I fly 320/319s 2 to 3 legs a day around the country, and to Mexico and the Caribbean. I enjoy it, but like having the option to fly farther when I want to. It's great you love Lubbock, you are in the minority of the World. How lucky for you. You are paid well, but lack variety. You also think I will lose my job, even though we are forecasting a small profit this year. No furloughs are scheduled, according to our VP of Flt Ops. You, OTOH, will have a roller Coaster year with your upcoming SLI. I will pray for you and hope you recover. Godspeed!

OYS

Guys,

If everyone is within $10 in price on any flight segment how can anyone say they will dominate ?

Easy. No bag fees or change fees, that takes care of the $10 difference. Customers also want point to point service, no RJ’s, no hassles, frequency and customer service. Any guesses?

Um, I'm not sure where you've been the last 10 years, but American has been losing money for at least that long. And guess what? They're still here!
Incorrect....They are not "still here" in frequency and capacity as they were in the past. Just look at Jet blue recapturing all their South American flying. Sure they will most likely last another 20 or even 30 years but what I was saying is that their path is unsustainable. They will continue to cede market and shrink until they are no longer relevant.

Incorrect....They are not "still here" in frequency and capacity as they were in the past. Just look at Jet blue recapturing all their South American flying. Sure they will most likely last another 20 or even 30 years but what I was saying is that their path is unsustainable. They will continue to cede market and shrink until they are no longer relevant.

What you said was:

In other words: sure American is matching fares, but they are losing money doing it. Losing money is not sustainable in the long term.

Perhaps you could have done a better explanation saving me the time of trying to understand what you were trying to say.

What you said was:

Perhaps you could have done a better explanation saving me the time of trying to understand what you were trying to say.
With a Master of finance I will stand by both my statements. Losing money is not sustainable in the LONG TERM. What part of that don't you agree with???? And on a serious note - grow up midge and welcome to the civilian world of flying.

Latest resources

Back