• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to trim capacity further

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All previously announced. The capacity reduction doesn't necessarily mean planes getting parked, rather less seats. This Summer there are more A330s on Europe flights than ever before, some coming from the Asia side as it recovers from the Earthquake/Tsunami. So, after Labor Day the A330s will move off of Europe and then head South towards South America. 767s will take over the Europe stuff, but that will lead to a CAPACITY REDUCTION in the number of seats available. Some of the routes will be cut as normal, like Atlanta to Athens and Venice, which always happens. The planes that will be "parked" for the Fall are actually going to get re-mods, for lie flat seats and new IFE systems, to better compete with Asian carriers. The Haneda flying will also be downgauged to 777s from 744s, which will allow those 744s to get the mods. So, no furloughs scheduled, and actually getting those planes up to date with new interiors and IFE, which is a good thing.

On the Southwest side, they are adding a lot of flights from Newark. Yeah! Good for them. More people will learn to loathe that place.

Bye Bye---General Lee

SWA to add a lot of flights to EWR? know how many? I didn't think it was a heck of a lot.

GuppyWn, you didn't post any comments with the article, I take offense to that sir!

Oh, I wonder why DAL is "trimming capacity" It appears this is an effort to get their stock price up for one reason or another........ Booking are very strong and Asia is recovering nicely.

I've been flying way more than I like and everything's been packed to the gills.
Mr B's pretty good at what he does and he does seem to have an agenda lately.

Really we shall see about the job cuts. However how should I look at GL slams about SWA! He is getting what he deserves.

So when the first furloughs hit SWA I should find joy in that?
Anyone finding joy in other people's misfortunes is an ass, and you sir, fit that description!

SWA to add a lot of flights to EWR? know how many? I didn't think it was a heck of a lot.

GuppyWn, you didn't post any comments with the article, I take offense to that sir!

And they started with, what, 13 flight a day out of DEN? Up to nearly 150 now I read recently.

Unfortunately EWR isn't as bad as it used to be, so getting in and out of there is better than it was in the past. Plus, the NYC Tracon is in need of a few flat screens and some pizza, so SWA showed up at just the right time.. :D

Nothing to see here. All is well. All employees at Eastern, uh I mean, uh Song have a bright future to look forward to at our shrinking, uh, I mean growing airline!

Guys,

Not to worry SWA will have a 777 program within the year to compete in the very lucrative and fastest growing aviation international market. The fact is- The domestic market will be capped within the next decade. If your not positioned with the airframes for the upcoming shift in worldwide travel, your gonna be behind the power curve.

With great products like Jetblue and Virgin america, the domestic market is full. No leisure passenger is loyal to any one carrier. They go for price then duration. That's it.

If everyone is within $10 in price on any flight segment how can anyone say they will dominate ?

Guys,

If everyone is within $10 in price on any flight segment how can anyone say they will dominate ?
Easily....companies may be within each other on price point. But, one only needs to look at the balance sheets to see who will win in the future.

In other words: sure American is matching fares, but they are losing money doing it. Losing money is not sustainable in the long term.

I routinely carry 40K lbs of cargo and leave some on the ramp.

A remarkable achievement. I'm unable to carry more than 100lb at a time for short distances.

This is a testament to the effectiveness of Human growth hormone and steroids. Under a trainers supervision of course.

Latest resources

Back